Weighted amigurumis

Hello everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was thinking of making a weighted amigurumi and I was wondering what do other people use inside for weighted amigurumis? What works best? :sparkles:

19 Likes

Rice is always a nice filler, and can turn it into a heated pack or scented pack of desired

10 Likes

I think I have heard of people buying those pellets in the crafting area. one time, because I just needed something weighted and I was not selling it or anything I just sewed a lil pouch and threw some flat stones in, then placed inside before stuffin a tiny bit and closing. I think most people agree to make the lil pouch thing for whatever you’re going to use, so the stuff doesnt leak out an opening or rub on your stitches, too much.

I guess it all depends on if its just for you or a friend or if you are selling to the public.

9 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! I love scented packs :smile:

4 Likes

Ah thank you so much for the suggestions, these will certainly come in handy :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I personally use poly pellets but not sure if it works better than other as its the only thing i have used
Screenshot_20230701-081555(1)

11 Likes

Thank you, i will definitely look into those :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Polly pellets are my go to as well. I make a small to med sack and fill it with the poly pellets then sc closed.
I also used hot glue in the feet so they stand up right as well works but I did that for a mario I recently made for my son

6 Likes

You can use wheat

6 Likes

Agreed. You would have to make a pouch for whatever it is that you would put inside the item.

Ive seen people use rice or the bean looking plastic pellets.

5 Likes

I put sand in the bottom of mannequin heads I made. I put it in a double layer of plastic baggies. It’s not a toy so not much rough playing.

5 Likes

rice and some lavender works really well especially when it’s heated, it’s so cozy!:two_hearts:

5 Likes

I normally use rice !
But recently on my plant amigurumis on the pot I put some rocks, I buy the aquarium ones!

5 Likes

i use the weird beans that you cant cook. like the broken ones

3 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions/ recommendations! :cherry_blossom: :white_heart:

3 Likes

Poly-pellets, dried rice, dried beans are good for bodies.
Sometimes magnets, stones or coins are good for round bottoms or feet to get them to sit upright.
You could even mix herbs or oil like lavender into the rice beforehand. I would recommend to sew a simple pouch before inserting into the piece so that the loose bits don’t fall out.

5 Likes

I’ve used rocks but I think beans would work lol

1 Like

I use bean bags. Homemade or store bought both work.

1 Like

What kind of sack or pouch do you use?

I just crochet one with a small hook and tight sc stitches.

1 Like