What are some weird commissions requests you've received?

What sort of odd crochet/knit/other craft commissions have you received from people?

In either a casual mention sort of way, or an actual product order?

Some of them I’ve heard I won’t mention here to spare young eyes/ears,

Summary

but suffice it to say I’ve received some colorful suggestions from the local LGBT community.

My most recent odd commission, which will be a paid order, is for a crocheted donut pillow of a very specific firmness level that is specially designed to cradle the skull and neck during autopsy.

11 Likes

Someone requested a human centipede. I normally love weird horror stuff, but I had to say no to this one cause that’s the one thing I absolutely cannot deal with :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Disgusted Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

5 Likes

I once was asked to make a Clanger (bbc children’s character) that was almost 4 foot tall.

4 Likes

I would have tk agree with you there. But I have seen a crocheted version of that.

4 Likes

…now, hear me out…

Crocheted boohbah.

Kids Show Wow GIF by dani

6 Likes

Are these from the same people who made Teletubbies? Why do they inflict nightmare fuel on children?

Ok, sorry, didn’t mean to thread derail there.

The pathologist wants a crocheted donut rather than the standard pieces? I wonder why.

5 Likes

I inquired as well. I suspect it’s because they want to support my business.

5 Likes

Yeah, there is one. The person wanted me to replicate it.

5 Likes

I don’t know what they are

4 Likes

I had a blue one

3 Likes

:grin: also a bbc children’s show. Many years ago.

3 Likes

Why did i watch that when i was younger?:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I missed that one lol my eldest was 6 and my youngest was 1 when it was first out (I googled).

4 Likes

Not super wierd or twisted but I had someone ask me to make a baby blanket but make a miniature Gandolf (the wizard from Lord of the rings) on it

(Would attach a picture but it has people who don’t want their photo here)

5 Likes