What can I do with these three skeins.

So I got these three skeins of yarn for the holiday. I have no clue what to do with it. It is super extra bulky even though it says “6”. That is a size N hook, too small. I have huge hooks on order (it called for a U on the packaging).
Does anyone have any ideas? I’m tempted to try and exchange it. It is pretty and soft, I just am drawing a blank. Plus I’ve never worked with yarn this bulky before.
I’d love to keep it and make something out of it, I just don’t know what. Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

9 Likes

I’ve had those! I love how they feel too, I got mine at Walmart and I had used a size 19mm hook since I couldn’t find the recommended hook size that day when I got the yarn there lol :rofl:

I’m not sure what you like to make, amigurumi, afghans, clothing, etc but I used it to make a pretty big amigurumi following a pattern that just called for worsted weight yarn. I would probably look for a pattern that doesn’t require a lot of yard and substituting the yarn mentioned with that yarn (that’s what I did, I made a bee :honeybee:)

7 Likes

I make everything, haven’t settled into a specialty I guess. I do have a bee in my list….Thanks!

8 Likes

I think that they would make an adorable pair of amigurumi cat plushes!

10 Likes

No problem! Bees are pretty small (depending on the pattern) so they just a more plush sized amigurumi I made them for some family members and they have it placed on their bed the only thing is since it’ll be bigger if you wanted eyes it’ll have to be felt or something similar since safety eyes are pretty small (unless you have sizes to match the finished plush lol :laughing:)

8 Likes

Oh, I do love my kitties!

7 Likes

Maybe u could make some really chonky cushion covers

8 Likes

I like all these things!

8 Likes

fake fur trim for cuffs or collars!
Why would you hide all that in a squished up sc ami?

9 Likes

Whats the yardage/meterage they say?
I got bulkier chenille like this before but each skein only contained 52m and I got caught short first time I tried to use on a standard project.

5 Likes

Ouch, I just looked. Right over 30 yards. I’m sure it was more expensive than what I needed. I may just exchange it. It’s just so pretty!

5 Likes

Its really pretty and would work for small amigurumi but it might be better for you to swap.
There are still projects you could use for like little bees but it depends on yourself.

5 Likes