What do you do when you run out of a color

So I was working on a custom order and I ran out of the MC and bought another ball from a different lot, I already made the body and the head in the first shade but now it looks off. I need this order done tonight or else I’ll be behind. Do I remake it in the new shade or is it not that noticeable, what would you do?

6 Likes

Oh! It is a little dark, but idk what you are trying to make though. If you think it will look ok then I would go with it, but I would try to get the same dye lot.

5 Likes

I have enough to remake it but I have two orders I was supposed to have done by tomorrow and it’s an elephant so it looks a bit off

5 Likes

I think if the ears are darker it would look ok but not the arms and trunk

5 Likes

I ended up just using the two different shades and it looks pretty good, plus it’s for a relative so anything I make will impress them haha

6 Likes

Could you send picture? I really want to see the end product!

5 Likes

If you have time, I would make it with the new shade, but if I’m being honest I don’t think the shade difference is dark enough for someone to notice unless they were really looking for it.

Always try and buy yarn from the same dye lots. I know sometimes that isn’t always possible when you have to go back and buy more yarn to complete a project. My suggestion is to always buy one more ball than you think you’ll need. :wink: It has saved me so much time and trouble always buying more than I think I’ll need!

If you’d like to learn more about dye lots and why they matter, check out my blog! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I crocheted for 2-3 years before I even knew what a dye lot was, so I like to write blogs to help whenever I can!

2 Likes

Sorry never saw your comment but if your still interested here it is

5 Likes

When it is sewn on, it looks really similar!

3 Likes

Wow! That elephant makes a statement!

3 Likes

Never again will I remake an entire plushie just so the color matches, that elephant represents freedom

4 Likes

The plushie looks really cute and in your finished photo I actually can’t even tell it’s different colors! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes