What do you watch while crafting?

Its on my watch list! I’m concentrating on the Paleolithic and early Mesolithic right now for a book I’m writing. But I have SOOOO many watchlists full of documentaries. Cause I’m weird that way lol

4 Likes

A great type of weirdness might I add!

4 Likes

Maybe they wanted to close this chapter and to start working on other projects…
I love that you can see how everyone grew up first to final season, especially if you binge it from the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was so upset that it got cancelled! I loved it so much!! :scream:

2 Likes

Oh ? They cancelled Anne ? That’s so disappointing ! I’m glad you loved it though. :smiley:

At first, Anne is so annoying, but then you grow to love and feel with her. :heart:

3 Likes

YES! I’m not sure why they did that…

I know! I guess that it’s her signature in every media adaptation of this story…she’s always annoying in the beginning but then you learn to understand her! I think this is quite amazing because it teaches us as humans not to judge others at first glance for what they do or say, but to take the time and get to know them :slight_smile: I love the message in this…

3 Likes

Haha, yes they know exactly how to keep us watching !

But I agree, there’s a great message there. And you worded it beautifully. :heart:

I hope Anne is not cancelled here in Dutch Netflix… I’d better check !

4 Likes

Whatever my husband has on! But when I’m alone Love listening to audiobooks…because then I don’t have to choose between a good book or crafting :grin:

4 Likes

That’s nice!
I’ve heard from people that they listen to audiobooks and podcasts on the same device they use Ribblr on. And with the new Android and iOS you can also use picture in picture to watch something while having your pattern open on the Ribblr app.
Any recommendations for a good audiobook? Or perhaps books deserve their own post!

3 Likes

Right now I’m listening to At Home by Bill Bryson. It’s nonfiction, and he uses his house (room by room) to give the history of how people began doing things. It’s really interesting if you enjoy history!

3 Likes

Sounds great! Is that kind of like A Brief History of Humankind?

2 Likes

It just depends on my mood. And sometimes I just want quiet. I have Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney +, CBS All Access and Peacock. Sometimes I want to binge watch an old TV series (not long ago I watched every season of Designing Women, and about a month or so ago I finished watching every season of Rizzoli & Isles). Now that some of our regular shows are starting to creep back, I need to get back into those. Sometimes I just want to laugh. Sometimes I want a biography. Or some history. Or stuff with dogs. I’m a real geek. Sometimes I’m watching crocheting, sewing, loom knitting or quilting podcasts and videos. I love comedy acts (I really like Drybar Comedy, Gabriel Iglesias, and some older comedians. Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy are a hoot… and George Carlin is a gas! I watched a slew of loom knitting videos yesterday while I was crocheting to get some ideas for picking up my looms. Sometimes I just listen to music or comedy albums.

3 Likes

That’s a nice variety of content! What was the most recent thing you’ve watched?

3 Likes

Besides binge watching tutorials for different loom knitting projects I’m contemplating (I really love watching the process!) I’ve been watching Drybar comedy. They have different specials for different comedians. I watched Sam Adams (the comedian, not the beer! LOL), Brad Upton and Andy Woodhull in the past couple of days. Sometimes I just need a good laugh!

3 Likes

Most definitely! We all do :rofl:

3 Likes

Mostly I watch silly cooking competitions. I really don’t watch a lot of tv so I find that if I turn on something while crafting, I don’t want it to be something that I need to follow and understand.

4 Likes

That makes sense! Though I think there’s one rule for watching cooking shows - you MUST watch it when you’re NOT hungry.

3 Likes

Only if you pay attention… :rofl:
So last year I had to stay with my mom, stepdad & step brother while hubby was in training… While I was there my stepdad & brother got weirded out because I would sit in the living room without watching anything on the TV. So I started putting something on the TV and they would come in and ask me what was going on. I genuinely had no idea, because I don’t pay any attention HAHA😂

4 Likes

That’s hilarious! :laughing: If they want to know so bad, they should sit down and find out!

4 Likes

Haha, true!

3 Likes