What do you watch while crafting?

I just finished The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix, and it is absolutely phenomenal!! It’s probably one of the best pieces of media I have watched ever… It’s a beautiful story, with haunting aesthetics and soooo much emotion!
I can’t recommend it enough, it’s brilliant! :heart_eyes:

What are your recommendations for things to watch while crafting?

6 Likes

I love Mrs. Mazel on Amazon Prime Video. It is so funny! But recently I have been rewatching old favorite movies like Troy, Moneyball, Ocean’s eleven. (Yes I’m in a Brad Pitt mood.)

5 Likes

That’s a great one! And welcome to Ribblr :heartpulse:

I have not watched Mrs. Mazel but I’ve heard about it. Is it a comedy?

2 Likes

I LOVEEEE Troy!! I remember watching it in the cinema when it came out!
I’ve always loved Greek mythology… And also Brad Pitt of course :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes it is. It is a series and is totally worth the watch.

3 Likes

If you like Greek mythology and listen to podcasts there is one called Myths Baby!

4 Likes

mmm I’ll have to check it out! Thanks! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I’ve been watching High Score on Netflix. It’s a multi part documentary on the history of video games. It’s nice to watch while crafting because I don’t need to look at it all the time. I’ve been wanting to watch Queen’s Gambit though, glad that you say it’s good! My partner is crazy about Chess so we’ll have to check it out soon.

4 Likes

Sounds really good! I love video games so I will check it out!!

Ooohhh you are both going to LOVE it, it’s absolutely amazing! When I finished it I immediately wanted to re-watch it, it’s THAT good!

2 Likes

Me? I watch Supernatural and Podcasts. Some of my favorite podcast are: The Crazy Sock Lady (Kay Litton), Love In Stitches (Knitty Natty), BadWolfGirlSitsAndKnits (Meg!), Twin Stitches Designs (JulieAnn), Happee Knits (Yoland) and Stranded (Amy Forence). A new one that I just discovered is Crime Scene Knits and Randy Sits and Knits now called The Artful Stitch. As you can tell I’ve been watching a ton of podcasts.

Heather

6 Likes

Awesome recommendations!

3 Likes

That’s a great recommendation for Queen’s Gambit! I haven’t heard of it (we don’t have Netflix) but you make it sound wonderful :slight_smile:

I tend to watch Sci-Fi (I love things like Doctor Who, Stargate, etc) or maybe a RomCom if I don’t want to think too much while i’m working on a complicated stitch pattern!

3 Likes

WOW what a great list of podcasts!
I love Supernatural! I still didn’t have time to watch the last season, I need to find a good time to binge it! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying Star Trek: Discovery! The third season just started, it’s really good :alien:

Same here :wink:

2 Likes

I’m on season 13! So I still have a way to go. I can’t believe it’s cancelled after sooo long.

Heather

3 Likes

I love Outlander, I’m now watching it for the 4th time ! I also loved Anne with an E, and want to watch it again later this season.

I haven’t heard of The Queen’s Gambit, will look into it !

3 Likes

I watch way too many historical costumers on you tube. Or sims 4 content. Or pretty much any documentary. I am boring…do not recommend LOL

4 Likes

Hi and congrats on the first post!
I was waiting for someone to mention documentaries… so I wouldn’t take all the heat :joy:
Any specific recommendations?

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m watching Ice Age Giants on Curiosity Stream right now. It’s decent. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll have to check that one out. Thanks!
I’ve recently watched David Attenborough’s recent film on Netflix. It’s quite powerful!

4 Likes