What is a creation you made this year that you are most proud of?

For me, it’s this knitted top I free handed, because it was my first ever knitted garment that I made! It’s not perfect, but I’m proud of it! (I mostly crochet, but needles are growing on me… :sweat_smile:)
What about you?

20 Likes

Your top is lovely and it fits you well! :hearts:

I made a wedding shawl for my DIL using the Maia Shawl pattern by Lisa Naskret. Made with #20 thread.
Pretty proud of it. The wedding is in just a couple of weeks and she’ll be wearing it!

14 Likes

Your top is gorgeous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Perfection!!! :heart_eyes: Your DIL is so lucky to have a wonderful MIL! :grinning:

4 Likes

I made my oldest son a huge Tardis blanket for his 30th birthday on March 25, I missed it by about 3 weeks, but he forgave me. :blush: I worked on it off and on for 2 years.

201,863 stitches, 599 rows, 337 stitches per row.
18 charts, 3 across x 6 high.
7’4” (2.2m) wide x 9’9” (2.97m) long.
It weighed 7 lbs 5 oz (3.33kg).
It used 7,284 y (4.14 miles!)/6686.6m (6.6686km!) of yarn.
It used 66 - 50g balls plus 22g of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Wool.

14 Likes

That top is so lovely!! I’m getting called by the circular needles too but haven’t been brave enough to start yet :relaxed: what I’m most proud of is my cosy socks, it made me feel so good when they were finished!!

4 Likes

I love it, it’s so beautiful! I’ve never knitted clothes before, but I’ve crocheted some :blush:

3 Likes

Wow oh that’s so beautiful! :blush:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh wow that’s amazing! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Your top is so cute! I’d love to try knitting but for now I’m hooked on crochet :laughing:
This year I was super proud to make my first crochet design, the Sweet Pea Bandana.
Not only was it fun to create I also got some friends and family to pose for pictures! :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I love it it’s so beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve always loved Granny Squares and Granny Square type motifs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you @TexasPurl ! WOW this shawl is STUNNING!

Thank you so much @Lakeviewknitter ! That Tardis is just incredible!! You’ve been working on it for 2 years??? That’s insane! wow! I don’t think I’d be able to have a WIP for so long…

Thank you @isabelbyrose ! I’d love to see a picture of the socks! they sound so comfy!

Thank you @NoKittenAroundStudio ! I’ve been mainly crocheting for many years because I believed knitting was too hard, but once you understand that it’s completely different from crochet, and has its own logic and technique, it’s easier to understand! At least for me it was…

Thank you @poppysmicks !SO exciting! Your first crochet design!! :clap: :clap: :clap: It’s beautiful!

5 Likes

I have been working on a simple easy to follow pattern that would be easily created on straight needles for fingerless gloves. I had fallen in love with a pleated look that I saw on the Internet early last year,

and approached the person who was selling the gloves, if there was a pattern I could purchase and they replied no, but that it would bit be difficult to work out from the photos they had put up….

So after many months of wrestling with yarns, needle sizes and the ability to keep it simple, I finally arrived at my darling design I have called Bryton© Gloves and I am absolutely thrilled with this particular design…… a long time coming, I can promise you!:relaxed:

7 Likes

Ohh how purely stunning is your shawl! Such a clever use of stitch design to give it a beautiful Draper, and such a pretty pattern! I can see it being worn at weddings :relaxed:

4 Likes

I love these! You must’ve worked so hard on them :open_mouth::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Nicole! I am hoping that once I get the pattern down and people start to make them , that they will enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoyed creating them! :grinning:o

3 Likes

I’m sure they will :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m not that skilled at knitting (I’m only a beginner, I’m more of a crocheter, I crochet a whole lot) but if I was I would probably make want to make these :blush:

2 Likes