What is everyone's favourite yarn type to work with?

Hello. What are you guys’ fave yarn type to work with mine is blanket yarn or fluffy yarn I like the way fluffy yarn ends up looking like the only annoying thing is you can’t see your stitches but I normally just work with dk yarn as well. Also blanket yarn just feels so cosy and nice. I really wanna try out some Bernat Blanket Yarn or Sweet Snuggles but they are so expensive in the UK (£11-£16). Anyways be sure to tell me your fave yarn types.

Happy Crocheting :blush:

18 Likes

My new favourite is mohair! But typically use cotton or dk!

10 Likes

i like light weight yarns, I’ve only used cotton, acrylic and some blended yarn.

10 Likes

My favorite i guest can say red heart but i pretty much like any yarn that i put my hands on :blush:

10 Likes

Just googled it , it looks so cosy and cottagey , that would be a great yarn for a blanket.

9 Likes

I really like cotton/acrylic blends. Lion Brand Comfy Cotton was a dream to crochet with. I also love Chic Sheep (wool) by Red Heart but they don’t make it anymore.
I have my eye on getting some of the following yarns after a year of not buying yarn​:wink:

La Mia Baby Cotton 50/50 cotton acrylic
La Mia Diamond - less expensive then RHSS and so much softer!

My absolute favorite type of yarn is ribbon- viscose and cotton. But why it’s so expensive I don’t know. $12 for 50gr!!!

7 Likes

What $12 for 50gr that’s wrong, Is it made out of rare materials or materials from countries far away?

7 Likes

My favorite is Caron Simply Soft, & Hobby Lobby Secret Soft Yarn bee. Soft and has a lovely sheen. It is acryllic 4 weight.

7 Likes

Oooh nice

6 Likes

yess some blended yarns have a really nice colour scheme/theme.

6 Likes

That would be really expensive :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Ikr the struggle is real :sweat_smile:.

7 Likes

No, I think the company is a yarn snob.

8 Likes

Oh yarn snobs are annoying.

5 Likes

I use mercerized cotton thread a lot. My favorite brand is DMC though it’s getting more difficult to find locally. My favorite yarn is Malabrigo Rios. So soft & scrumptious!

6 Likes

Ooooh cool

5 Likes

Went to look up the company…the yarn snob went out of business!

6 Likes

My fave yarn is probably premier parfait chunky! It’s really soft and is really fast to work with!

7 Likes

That’s what happens when you’re too big for you boots. Heh heh heh

6 Likes

I’ve never used it but it looks so soft and cosy

6 Likes