What is everyone's favourite yarn type to work with?

So I’m a huge discount shopper. I did however, pay full price for a Pound of Love in Olive by Lion Brand(I love it so far it’s perfect for a sweater I have in mind), and just ordered 5 skeins of Lion Brands Hometown chunky 6 weight in a few different colours. I haven’t gotten to try any of their brand yet so I’m super excited and have fallen head over heels for the chunky Hometown yarn. Amazon had them on sale so I finally get to try them! So soft and squishy.

I’ve been trying to find a Bernat sale for slippers and stuffies I have planned that I really want to be fuzzy and chunky and soft, but it’s expensive if its not on sale and I haven’t gotten lucky yet so I haven’t gotten to try it but I’m searching!

My usual go to is Red Heart, Loops and Threads, and Craftsmart.

My go to for mini skeins with great colour options is a brand I get on Amazon called Mira. It’s very soft for the price and lets me have all my colour options that I need for small projects.

Saavy shoppers ahoy!
Also getting to try a new yarn is proving to be very addictive, yay haha.

But man, getting to try a new brand that you haven’t tried yet for like half off the normal price, oh now that’s a special feeling lol

6 Likes

You’ll have to tell me what storefront on Amazon you use to get the Mira yarn.
Pretty Please.

5 Likes

The storefront is Mira HandCrafts
:yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I don’t know babe, @SierrasStitchSanctuary, it comes out to 18 cents a yard. I try to keep to under 13-14 cents a yard for premium acrylic.

I really like the deals I’m getting at Hobium Yarns.

5 Likes

Completely understand! It’s just convenient for me because I can’t really go out much, and it’s nice to have such an array of colour options for amigurumis and stuff! Especially for someone who doesn’t leave her house almost at all in the last few years :sweat_smile: :yellow_heart: I also tend to get the bundles of mini colours on sale! I get notifications for the deals.

5 Likes

Hobium is online! They deliver fast! I ordered and received everything 3 days later.

4 Likes

Oh I thought it would be like 250-300g.

4 Likes

Unfortunaately delivery fees really add up and I have prime free shipping lol

5 Likes

Upon checking out their website, it does seem to be a great Michaels alternative for my bad days when I can’t leave the house, not bad prices at all! That shipping is gonna kill me though lol It’ll be worth it when I want stuff from the brick and mortars but can’t go!

5 Likes

Well, I ordered enough so that shipping was free. I think it’s at $100, not sure though.

5 Likes

I mostly work with dk yarn mostly stylecraft

6 Likes

How do you like the stylecraft?

5 Likes

I love the range of colours and it is easy to work with and very forgiving when i need to frog. I’m UK based and its quite affordable

6 Likes

bernat blanket and velvet

4 Likes

Velvet yarn scares me,especially when it sheds lol :joy:

3 Likes

yeah i had this velvet ysrn that felt rough and shed HORRIBLY. it shed all over a bag it was put in.

4 Likes

yh like i was using velvet yarn today and I was crocheting in my bed (bad idea with velvet yarn) and it went all over the place and I didn’t even frog at all lol

4 Likes

Truboo is my favorite and the first yarn I reach for for a lot of my projects. Love using it to make little trinkets and amigurumi, one day want to make a cardigan out of it when I am more advanced. It is perfect for cute little knick knacks!

5 Likes

just searched it up, I really love the whole versatility and simplicity of the yarn, defo need to check it out one day <3

4 Likes

I use cotton. My favorite I’ve used so far is cotton xxl from yarn bee because my family has trouble with artificial fabric/materials.

4 Likes