What’s the biggest project you’ve made

The longest/biggest project I’ve made was a checkered tote bag (I’m still a beginner crocheter so this bag took 12 hours for me)

10 Likes

12 hr is not alot. that tote bag would of taken me like 2 days or more

7 Likes

My nephews baby deer blanket almost a month lol

14 Likes

Of my own designs, my [Bag Eating Plarn Tote(Bag Eating Plarn Tote: Crochet pattern | Ribblr (that thing is a hefty size tote), other one is the massive half pie shawl I knit at the start of 2020 that drapes over the ends of my fingers (and I’m 5’6”)

12 Likes

Wow, that’s absolutely beautiful!! :heart_eyes: is the shawl pattern your own?

8 Likes

I wish, but no, the pattern I used is the Vernal Equinox Shawl Surprise (it’s a free pattern on Ravelry).

10 Likes

That it the most adorable deer ever!!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

That shawl is absolutely stunning!!! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I made a bulky blanket in like a year, but it actually wasn’t that hard. I just never had motivation lol. My biggest project was a sweater I just finished, it took me like 16 hours over a month. Found a random yt pattern and couldn’t put it down :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

How the heck do you finish a sweater in 16 hours I’ve worked sixteen hours straight on a sweater before and hardly made a dent, I’m so jealous

9 Likes

No clue, but I used a 4 weight yarn and 6mm hook

8 Likes

I used a 5.5 maybe I’m just slow or the fact that I spent multiple hours second guessing if it would fit me lol

9 Likes

I made a lap blanket for my best friend. It took 11 skeins of yarn. Very proud to finish it :grin: will reduce the number of mistakes the next time I make it. It’s a beautiful blanket, and I want to make another one! I need to start taking pictures of my completed projects :sweat_smile: but this is a picture of it with the final border being made.

12 Likes

Oh no, you’ve got to finish it. It’s hard to stay motivated when working on a large blanket. I’m going through the same thing.

8 Likes

Which one is the actual color. I know cameras are strange. It is very pretty no matter which one. I love the stitches you used and the pretty border :heart:

9 Likes

I have that pattern too, but it’s not that big.
You did a great job!!

11 Likes

Thank you!

I was following a pattern; I can’t remember the name of it at the moment. Blushing Blanket Throw or something like that? It’s a beautiful dark purple and very soft. The second picture is the one more in natural lighting. This is the yarn I used:

8 Likes

@Asher I love this sweater. My favorite part is the dimension the sunflowers have, so cool. The biggest/ longest crochet project I’ve done is make a friend’s wedding dress, from scratch… ( made the pattern as well) that was a dozey…. Perhaps it took a year from buying material, drafting pattern, fitting/alterations… I worked full time on top of this. As for crocheting, the biggest thing would be a single crochet shawl that I’ve just finished- I just have to block it. Again you did an excellent job on this.

8 Likes

That is gorgeous! @Lakeviewknitter

7 Likes

@FECrafty that blanket is super cool, I like the stitches.

7 Likes