What stitch to do the end?

What stitch should I use to close the bottom? I think ss and sc will be too tight?

A extended sc maybe?

10 Likes

What shape do you want the bottom to have? I think SS will give it an oval shape.
Another option is to start decreasing until its closed… And if you want a flat bottom then do a round in BLO

3 Likes

So a BLO in both sides to close it would be a flat bottom?
I’ll try that. Thanks! I’ll show a picture in a few.

1 Like

Blo all the way around one row, then decreases each round would give you the"fold" that will bend the stitches from the side into the bottom then when you decrease down in the ribs it will be a flat surface instead of a seam

6 Likes

Wow! I just wanted to close it but these ideas are better. Glad I asked!!

5 Likes

Yes, what @anon5108995 said! ^-^
Please do show us later :heart: hope it works like you want!

4 Likes

Well, wasted my time trying to find this number. So winging it.

Specifically number of stitches to decrease by.

1 Like

How many stitches you have, minus how many stitches you want to end with divided by how many rows it will take to get there equals how many stitches per row to decrease
How many stitches you have on first row divided by how many stitches to decrease on that row equals how many stitches between decreases on the first row, the number will go down by one each decrease row

5 Likes

I understand that. But when you want to down a gap of let’s say 1 inch, how many decreases per round to close that gap.

Anyway, here’s the finished product.

5 Likes

I’ve been experimenting enclosing the polyfil in cotton batting so I don’t have to pull the stitches so darn tight!

4 Likes

I think you did great!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

You can also use very cheap knee high stockings

6 Likes

I went that route, and it’s more expensive than cotton batting.

4 Likes