What to expect at an art walk?

I will be a vendor at a craft fair type of event and I want to know what to expect! Let me know how yours went!

8 Likes

Congratulations! :tada::partying_face:
People will be looking for things that pop out at them—color, light,—anything that sets you apart from the other tables!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I will have to get some lights!

5 Likes

My mom does these all the time due to her owning s boutqie! People come in bc of how it looks! It looks full like there is a lot of stuff ! When I see one I like “volume” like when they have things on Shelves!

4 Likes

Thank you! That is a great idea!

3 Likes

A lot of people just want to look.
Make sure you acknowledge them.
Have fun with it.

4 Likes

Yes! I did a neighborhood table and nobody bought anything unfortunately they just wanted to look!

3 Likes

@SierraCrochets07
Yes,they may not buy anything but they’ll remember those who made them feel good!

5 Likes

I agree!

3 Likes

I did it once, years ago with quilting. (I’ve done others with farm stuff…so I kinda “know”)
I sat there HOURS, and had loads of wonderful conversations.
As I was selling quilted children’s coats, not too many sold.
Lots of questions, and folks wanting them in a different color or fabric. It was Christmas, so I stuck with the Christmas theme, but nah, they wanted something “year round”.
A vendor next to me said to go with smaller items next time.
I’m told that those “Worry Worms” are really popular at the shows,
Beanies for guys who work in the cold, and funky hats as well.
Market bags are popular as are dish rag sets. Frankly, I bore easily: I would buy a market bag so I don’t have to make one.
My booties, beanies, and dog coats are ALWAYS asked about.
I don’t do markets at all anymore, but you’re welcome to give one of my dog coat patterns a try.
I’ll gift it to you…
Loads of Luck!!!

4 Likes

Really? I would love to make some dog coats! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Sure!
Take your pick,
if you want more than one, it’s fine.
I’m working on the Flower Blossom one right now, if you’d like to “test” it for me, that’d be great!
The Flower one has a very basic body in HDC, so it’s my favorite for decorating as the coat is literally less than 1 skein and finished quickly.
I’m working on the flower motifs today, you’re welcome to those too.

4 Likes

Yeah! I like that one a lot! And it works out great because it is starting to warm up little by little here, so the flowers will come in shortly too!

4 Likes

I’ll send you the pdf direct…
Just let me know if it’s confusing.
I realized I couldn’t sort my individual row photos out for the coat tail, so I only had the start and finish of that portion. The written instructions explain it though.
Hmmmm…
where or what’s your email?

4 Likes

I will message you my email!

4 Likes

So sweet of you!!

4 Likes