What was your first crochet/knitting project?

Yesterday I was rearranging my room and I found my box of memories. I found my first crochet project.:slightly_smiling_face::joy: it looks horrible!:slightly_smiling_face: I made it when I was 9 and it was a mat for my barbie! :joy:
Share with us what was your first crochet/knitting project?! :star_struck:

13 Likes

My first project was a washcloth of sloppy sc, dc and trc.

6 Likes

Mine was a slouchy hat from a YouTube pattern. Turned out all right and I still wear it!

8 Likes

Nice! :sweat_smile::joy::joy::heart:

5 Likes

Wow! This is cute​:heart_eyes:
Mine was horrible.:sweat_smile::joy:

6 Likes

mine was last year when among us was popular i made an among us amigurumi! lol​:rofl::joy:it was not bad honestly

7 Likes

I made a strawberry cow. It wasn’t the best thing I made but it wasn’t the worst.

7 Likes

Hey come one, am I the only one whose first crochet project was horrible?! :joy::joy:

7 Likes

Good job! :star_struck:

6 Likes

My first crochet was a bag that I put a book in whenever I go out ! My first knitting was just long straps or this REALLY ugly bee (I didn’t know how to crochet back then​:cry:)

7 Likes

My first knitting project was a scarf for my hubby. My first crochet project was a coaster.

6 Likes

My first crochet project was a scarf for my mom.

7 Likes

Cute! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I don’t even remember my first crochet, it would have been at least 25yrs ago… But when I restarted again back in 2011, my projects weren’t great and definitely not as good as now…
However my first knit project in 2012 was a tablet sleeve using scrap yarn… I knit a flat piece of stockinette with a small garter section at the end, then folded in half and sewed along the 2 stockinette sides, leaving the garter section open to allow the tablet to go in the pouch… I wasn’t impressed with it, but was told it was good, especially for a first time… I think having crochet knowledge before allowed me to understand tension and all that
I’ll see if I can find a pic (nope can’t find one :woman_shrugging:t3:)

6 Likes

Mine was a rainbow scarf! I wasn’t very good at crocheting rows lol

6 Likes

Oh honey… My 10 year old self thought that making a full sized blanket for my first project was the best idea in the world.
Coming back to it years later, I realized I could literally stick my fingers, and in some places, my entire arm though the wholes… I also didn’t know how to do a turning chain, so it was soooo loose is the middle, and soooo tight on the edges.
Yeah… It was a disaster.

(Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the thing, because I un-did it and made it something new)

9 Likes

It was a tiny round angry octopus. I took the hook that didn’t match the yarn :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: it was rather cute tho, bright pink. Didn’t have appropriate eyes for him so I used some beads lol… it was kinda off looking but I love this octopus and sometimes come across it in my plush stash

6 Likes

Trust me, you weren’t the only one with a horrible project. My frist project…I don’t even know how to describe it. I was trying to just practice and didn’t really have anything in mind to make but I didn’t know how to turn my project around and start another row so I just went around the other side and it started curling lol. I don’t even know if that could count for a first project but I made a hat after that and I remember being SOOOOOO proud of it that I literally wore it everyday. I still have so I’ll post of pic of it too.

6 Likes

I’m happy I’m not the only one with horrible project! :joy:

5 Likes

my first project was a crochet bee!!! specifically the one that was going all around tiktok in 2020!!!

7 Likes