What weight 4 yarn would you recommend for making a top?

Hey guys! I wanted to make a caged top for pride fest next month, and I wanted to know what yarn I should use! I want to use big twist and a 5mm hook, but I’m not sure. Should I used acrylic, cotton, or wool? What brand would be the most comfy? I want the garment to be breathable since the event is in June. Thanks! <3

16 Likes

i love love love big twist!! affordable and nice yarn, and if you wash it it’s decently soft (:

3 Likes

i love Joanns big twist for breathable tops! especially after a wash or two its amazingly soft and behaves almost like a storebought product
as for the hook size, it depends on the project. a solid top, 5mm works pretty well, for mesh or other sorts , a 4-4.5 works better to keep it in shape

4 Likes

Thanks! I thought big twist would probably be the best. When I’m going to Joanns I’m going to grab it :smiley: Thanks for the help!

4 Likes

I just started to use big twist but its my fav so far also like premire worsted!!!

3 Likes

def big twist, its freaking amazing :star_struck:

3 Likes

I actually recently bought some weight four yarn from the brand Yarn Bee and Mandela ombré. I would probably recommend Yarn Bee I’m not sure if I’ve ever tried big twists but so many people recommending it so I guess that would be a good one too.

3 Likes

Big twist yarn is definitely the best ! You should make your top with a 5mm if you use this yarn :yarn:

4 Likes

I have no experience in american brands but i think cotton yarn is pretty ‘breathable’
:heart_hands:

5 Likes