Which Plushie Yarn?

Plush/velvety looking yarns are all the rage right now! Which is your favorite?

The only one I’ve tried is Baby Bee’s Adore-A-Ball and Eternal Bliss.

9 Likes

Bernat Velvet is my favorite and holds up the best.
A few people state that Snuggles from Michaels sheds while crocheting AND while toy is just sitting there. So may want to avoid that.
Just got chenille from Hobbi- can’t wait to try that.
Also, Dollar Tree has Premier Chenille for cheap. I’ve worked with it, it’s ok, just a little fragile. Premier has Parfait Chunky and heard a lot of good things with that.

7 Likes

Sweet snuggles sheds like crazy :sob: I love it though, but don’t recommend for toddlers that are rough on their toys!

7 Likes

I use adore a ball by yarn bee and premier yarns parfait chunky

5 Likes

I love bernat velvet or sweet snuggles.

6 Likes

My favourite is Marriner get cosy yarn, its so easy to use so soft and it doesn’t really shed that much, I don’t think it is available outside of the UK though and it is really cheap as well, it is only £1.25, quite cheap compared to some other plush yarns.

4 Likes

Bernat Velvet is lovely for amigurumi. I have a review of Bernat Velvet and a review of Sweet Snuggles on my blog if you’d like to learn more. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I like using chenille yarn from Premier Yarn at Dollar Tree. :grinning:

6 Likes

I LOVE himalya dolphin baby! It doesn’t shed and is super soft and fluffy! :relaxed::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Hey! Where do you buy yours from?
@Madelinekerley

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about trying this yarn lately. Whats it like? :thinking:

4 Likes

It is very soft. When I am using it I have to be mindful not to pull it to hard or it will snap. Also if you pull at the tail of yarn, the fluffy stuff can come off. So basically it is fragile yarn, but the end result is always nice. @summerbugcrafts

3 Likes

Yes I love Himalaya Dolphin Baby!! :heart:

4 Likes

I agree I love bernat velvet so much :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I love Hobbii’s Happy Chunky Double, although the skeins are pretty small. I’m also enjoying Premier Basix Chenille for the texture and affordability.

5 Likes

I get mine from Etsy! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Doesn’t appear to ship to USA tho.

3 Likes

Oh sad times.

4 Likes

If anyone is looking for chunky yarn, a lot of kinds like Bernat Velvet and Bernat Blanket are available on LoveCrafts! The prices are fair and the shipping is cheap! :blush: I recommended those two 100% over Sweet Snuggles yarn. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I use Himalaya Dolphin Baby or Yarn art Dolce. I like this two yarns because they are not to thick.
But i don’t know if you get it in Your country. I’m from germany :sweat_smile:

5 Likes