who's up for a game? (closed)

I was thinking of splitting something as well …

2 Likes

Just checking in. I love all the responses!
So that everyone is somewhat prepared:
-The pattern gauge will be 4.75 stitches to the inch, with flexibility. If you need to use a number 3 yarn, please let me know what your new gauge is in hdc, so I can make a few conversions just for the game.
-as it currently stands, your teams are as follows:
team Chicago
Alyph
Ches
Perfect
team Sweet Charity
Wolf
Kioko
Amethyst
team Cabaret
Aiyet
Wendy
Addict
team All That Jazz
Gani
Alimi
Nelson
point allotments

• there will be 3 points given for each of the following items (one point per teammate)
    -Journal page for each subsection of pattern
    -journal 100% complete
    -post “finished” with a finished photo in this thread
    First team to reach all 9 points wins both patterns
    You have till Wednesday (3pm central) to back out and not affect your team. There will be a bonus awarded for team work and coordination, so maybe get comfortable talking to your teammates.
    Pattern and any applicable updates will be assigned Wednesday!
6 Likes

What is the journel pages? Is it a feature on ribblr or do you mean for us to write the process?

3 Likes

Once you have the pattern, there will be a small icon at the bottom that looks like a book. You can upload a picture and write a note about the where you are in the pattern. The sections and subsections are purple headlines that break up the pattern. Once the journal is compete, it will show a “make” that will show up on both your page(so other people can see your work) and on the pattern page (so other people can see what was made from that pattern) you have the option of selling the make. For the effort, testers are usually gifted the patterns for free after the testing phase.

4 Likes

Thank you, I am new to Ribblr.

4 Likes

Team “Verdon” and i understand this is not amigarumi or a stuffed toy. My dimetions might be slightly off but i hope thats okay!

2 Likes

Ooh-la-la!!
I can’t wait to Cabaret, Cabaret, Cabaret!!!
i do what i do liza minnelli GIF

5 Likes

I have found a yarn that gets about 4.75st/in with a 5mm hook :3 I dunno if its quite enough but if it isnt I will start splittin yarns haha!
its pretty and I wanna use it and Im not sure what else Id use something so small for XD

2 Likes

I am so sorry, but as of right now this test is full. I can keep you standby in case a slot opens up

3 Likes

Bob Fosse was a choreographer, his wife Gwen Verdon was a singer and dancer. Together they made what can be argued as some of the most revolutionary and enduring works in stage musicals.
In that spirit of teamwork, I would like to see what you guys do with these patterns. These are crochet versions of “Fred” and “Ginger” and I really wanted to go a bit more striking in design. So go nuts with color choices, if you think a different stitch would look good, go for it. I only want to make sure the instructions are clear as written and the proportions are correct.
But these can be treated as templates. I don’t have the glamour shots yet, but the instructions are complete, and the patterns will be in your test pages shortly. I would really like to wrap this up and go live by the 9th, but we can be flexible on that.

6 Likes

Fosse. I understand this is not amigurumi or a stuffed toy”. I would like to be a tester

3 Likes

I am so sorry, but the testing slots for this are currently full. I can keep you on standby if a slot opens.

2 Likes

Team Fosse
and I understand that this is not an amigurumi or stuffed toy

2 Likes

Me pls I have every thing

2 Likes

Announcement
Anyone that has not started a journal by Saturday noon (central) will be removed from testing.

5 Likes

How long do we have to finish this ?

2 Likes

Hi @WolfSpark @KiokoSakura !!! Let’s go Team Sweet Charity! I just started mine this morning, let me know if you need anything!

3 Likes

Finished
I’ll get a better picture later

8 Likes

@anon5108995 I just want to say, this is such a clever way to test patterns! I love it! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

@anon5108995 aaa I checked earlier but until now I don’t have the pattern in my test page :((

3 Likes