Yarn Bombing

Has anyone ever yarn bombed? Or maybe you know it as one of its other many names: guerilla knitting, kniffiti, urban knitting, yarnstorming, etc. I’ve recently ran into some articles and videos on it. The topic/concept is exciting to me!!

7 Likes

Has anyone ever yarn bombed? Or maybe you know it as one of its other many names: guerilla knitting, kniffiti, urban knitting, yarnstorming, etc. I’ve recently ran into some articles and videos on it. The topic/concept is exciting to me!! ( i just copied your postvto thos message lol :laughing: ). Koool. Wats yarn bombed.

4 Likes

In short, its using yarn as street art, sometimes for a cause and other times just for aesthetic. I’ve seen trees covered, phone booths, walls, etc.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen or done any personally, but I’ve seen plenty of pictures on SM and a few articles…

5 Likes

Oh, is this like that thing with the purple roses? I think this street activism needs to include their message.

Stickers are more effective if it’s just a random thing like that. By the time I get home I’ve forgotten the roses and don’t look it up. Then after seeing them a couple times my brain ignores the entirely. If I hadn’t happened upon someone whose entire account was these purple roses on accident (I probably got it because isnta’s geolocation thing) I’d have no idea what the point of them was.

Being that someone hand makes these works, it seems a waste of time if everyone ignores them because no message was included.

4 Likes