yarn challenge!

Maybe it’s time to do a challenge and crochet/knit with the yarn you have until your yarn fits in one shelf again! I don’t think I’m the only one who buys more yarn when ever I’m sad. The feeling of new yarn or standing in a craft store is so amazing. I just don’t have words for it. The only problem is where do I store all this yarn? My room is not so big and I already upgraded my shelf twice! Still I have a full bag of yarn on the side that didn’t fit.

13 Likes

My husband literally suggested this to me yesterday. Challenge myself to use all my yarn before I buy more. I love it!

6 Likes

I have always been very organized and disciplined with my crafting.
This is my solution.
Yarn is in the upper section only, left door is yarn for intended projects, right door is unused stash I keep on hand for pattern writing/testing. The bins on top are used stash (left to right) sock and sport weights, dk and worsted weights , cotton, and novelty.
WIPS hang in bags on a coat rack, and there is a basket for projects that need finishing (seaming and weaving end) If any of these spaces are too full, I have to use/finish what is in there before adding to it.

12 Likes

Ummmm… I just donated a rather large box of yarn and I still have 2 xlarge totes, 2 large boxes, 2-3 trash bags, and around 8-10 med/lg totes… (At least)
I’m not getting it to 1 shelf anytime soon :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

My organization heart loves this… My startitis and recipient of donations does not

8 Likes

I have never knitted just for the joy of knitting. If I’m not going to use it, I’m not going to make it. Same with crochet. So for me, it’s a process more like food or furniture. “Will I use it? How will I use it? When will I use it? Do I have room for it? Will I regret not buying it?”

6 Likes

Amazing! I should defnetly try being more organized.

6 Likes

Well I haven’t bought yarn in over 6 months :sweat_smile: I’m broke. Very very broke. I need more black yarn to make stuff for my shop but I can’t :rofl:

8 Likes

I have more yarn than our few local Walmart’s combined. It has been my intent to just use it. But, over a year of pattern testing dolls, made me buy more medium yarn for them. Now, it has slowed to a normal rate, so the process of using up other yarn has begun. I have many grandkids that will start getting blankets. Should open up a few of my tubs, to put more in …

9 Likes

My goal is to make a couple yarn hammocks for what won’t fit on my shelves. My oldest daughter made a couple and they are very cute.

8 Likes

A few months ago, I bought the first new yarn in years. Well, I was injured for nearly 2 years and couldn’t walk in order to get to the store, but I still get credit! That ripple sweater was one of 4 sweaters worth of yarn I picked up for THE PROJECT and I found sock yarn on sale so I bought a dozen

7 Likes

I’ve seen it somewhere too so I’m going to attempt to making one as well some day.

6 Likes

They are the same as the toy hammocks they sell, if you want to make one, you could use a shawl pattern

6 Likes

Yes! I have more yarn than the three WalMart near me.
My regret is I wished I had bought non pilling acrylic instead of just acrylic although I gave away probably 3 30 gallon bags of acrylic yarn 2 years ago.

6 Likes

Oh boy, I just got an order of yarn in the mail today that I bought for 2 shawls which I’m not going to start until I finish something. I also bought 9 cake yarns last week for a test crochet

9 Likes

I politely decline your offer. :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t know why it is, but black yarn is the one thing I always run out of too! :angry: But I can justify getting more since my projects using black usually use other yarn as well. So I am using up stash by buying more yarn! And yup, I’m sticking to that story. :black_heart:

5 Likes

My kind of girl :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

Oh no- thats said and I dont wanna :sob: I have 2 6 cube cubbies stacked on each other (color coded) my rule, if i cant fit a skein in that colors cube(s) (blue and brown get 2 cubes lol) i cant buy it…It definitely works for me!

4 Likes

Wow now THATS organization!
Im not too bad, but i sure dont have the space to keep my yarns all nice and need… I envy the people that have yarns in shelfs and organize them by colors… It just looks SO NICE!

3 Likes