yarn color combinations?

i need some suggestions for color combos w yarn! i have no idea what colors to use while i’m crocheting! any color combos you love and would like to share?

13 Likes

My favorite combo is lilac/light blue/light pink. Green/teal is my second favorite!

10 Likes

Ahh the wonderful world of colour. Its my happy place!

My biggest thing that I want to say first is anything that you love, can be turned into a colour combination.
Favorite movie is Beetle Juice? Green, purple, and orange. Like mushrooms? Red and white maybe with a little gray. Love the sea side? Blues, greens, whites, in all the hues. Bright seascape hues, darker sea depth hues, or even sunset sea hues with oranges and pinks and sea foam greens.
Then of course there is always just your favorite colour combos.

They don’t need a theme, or scheme as long as they look great together to your eyes.

I definitely reccomend googling simple colour charts, colour combos and even themed colour palletes. You can even google colour pallete inspiration and youll find lots and lots. These will give you lots of combinations that maybe you never even would have thought to put together. And lastly, colour inspiration, is everywhere.
Anyhing that puts a smile on your face can be emotionally translated into a colour pallete. Let it speak to you.

The options are endless.

colorful design GIF

10 Likes

You can Google color charts. Bella coco Crochet club on Facebook and you tube…Sarah Jane she’s one of my favorite Crochet group’s. Also Carroway Crochet group the people are awesome

7 Likes

11 Likes

You can also go to Pinterest and search for “color palette” and get lost in the colored rabbit hole for days if you’d like.

10 Likes

Honestly my favorite tool is a color wheel that helps me recognize what colors would be complementary for each other. Another option is making small granny squares and see how you like them side by side if youre not sure.

BUT my fav color combos right now are bright pink/yellow, purple/green, & blue/yellow. Or some earthy tones always make great classic projects (greens and browns).

6 Likes

My absolute favourite thing I made. I call it Fallthemed colours.
Other than that I usually go by feeling and trial/error

6 Likes

I depend on a color wheel more often than not. I study it for a while then place the yarns side by side to see if I’m drawn to it or not. KnitPicks has a great blog post about using a color wheel.

Favorite color combos are greens & purples.

4 Likes

I love a good teal/white combo! Also white/light pink and light blue/dark blue can be great combos :smile: The possibilities are endless!

5 Likes

Hey! What I usually do is see how which colours whould affect the piece, with colour scheme. If you want to make something feel warm, use reds, yellows, oranges, etc. And if you wanna make something that gives a more calm, collected and cold you could use blue, purple, green, etc. This also goes for the theme, if you wanna make something down to earth use colours like brown, beige, green, yellow, etc.
If you need more examples for inspo then please feel free to contact me via Ribblr! ^^

6 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone recommend this so let me help as well :smile:
When I’m out of color combination ideas/bored of the one I always use (black and white)/want to try something new, I use the site https://coolors.co/
It’s a pallete generator that lets you either choose from a pallete alr made, or lets you make your own. It generates one, if you like only specific colors from it, you can lock them and then generate again and so on until you have a pallete you love!
I hope this helps and good luck! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Complimentary colours on a colour wheel
Example how to do it:

4 Likes

Cool! Thanks!

3 Likes

I am absolutely loving the browns, creams, and tans, but I also change my aesthetic everyday lol

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

This was going to be my suggestion

3 Likes

And i just saw this late last night

3 Likes

I think I’m a go with the glow gal :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

7 Likes

Mandala madness!!! Love that pattern. I’ve made two so far.

5 Likes