Yarn/craft stores

I have been so jealous of all the American craft stores, the only real one we have over here is Spotlight :(( but today I stumbled across a THREE STOREY craft store!! It felt like I had been transported to a different dimension

20 Likes

Oh wow that sounds so cool! I wonder if I’ll ever go into a craft store with three floors! Was everything separated by floors or was everything separated separately in each floor? :smile:

8 Likes

this is my gripe with australia :sob: the lack of variety is so horrible and then i see americans have such easy access to the chunky/premier yarn, i get so jealous :sob: and buying the premier yarn online is atleast a 3 week wait :sneezing_face:

10 Likes

That must have been amazing! I’d love to visit a large yarn store too :heart_eyes: The only one I have nearby has a tiny colour selection of mostly acrylic yarn :sneezing_face: And it’s 15 minutes by car and no free parking. So ordering online is my only choice most of the time!

5 Likes

3 STORIES IS MASSIVE :sob::sob::sob: glad you found q good store tho <3

3 Likes

ooooh 3 floors? thats so cool i wish i could see it!

4 Likes

I would be lost forever!!:rofl::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh my! So much to see on 3 floors. I’d love that! Big box crafts stores are ok, but not always what you want. A lot of things have gone to online and there is no touching or smelling there :confused:. I also like thrift stores though it is hit or miss on finding craft materials. Fun day out with a friend, lunch and thrifting!

4 Likes

We’ve also got Lincraft in Australia, I think they have stores in New Zealand too. What was the name of the three storey store? It sounds amazing :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yay!

Was there any yarn there?

3 Likes

Everything was separated by floors!! The first floor was for all kinds of hook and needle work and then the second was paper crafts and I think the third was for sewing!!

3 Likes

Yes!!! I actually went there to find some chunky yarn but they didn’t have any :((

2 Likes

Ugh I hate that! I’m lucky to live about 10 mins from the closest store but it’s still a pain if they don’t have what I need

3 Likes

I had the time of my life in there​:joy:

3 Likes

It was surreal!!

3 Likes

I got a lil confused about how to get to the different floors but I stayed on the first floor looking at patterns for about 45 mins​:joy:

4 Likes

Oh yes I always hit up the yarn section when I go to the op shops!!

1 Like

Yup we’ve got Lincraft here too but the closest one to me is a 5 hour drive :(( the store I went to was called Ribbon Rose, I’ve ordered from them online before but it was so crazy to go to the actual store!!

3 Likes

Sooooo much yarn!! I didn’t end up buying any though haha

2 Likes

That is pure restraint on your part!!

Good Job GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes