Yarn Stash

Got any “where the *** did this come from?”
Wanna share?
I can’t because since I moved into one room at my daughters house all my where the *** yarn is in storage.

16 Likes

not really, but I do have small balls of yarn that aren’t large enough to do much with or hold too much sentimental value to get rid of.
The first items I made for each of my kids, the last item I made for my kids before they moved out, the last item I made for my dad before he passed away, things like that.

7 Likes

You should turn those sentimental balls of yarn into granny squares (or the knitting equivalent) and make a blanket

6 Likes

I have thought of that, but then they would get worn out. (I have cats and a dogs that will steal anything they think will upset me the most)
Right now they live in a state of perfection at the bottom of whichever basket their respective weight siblings belong to, and I get to discover them from time to time when digging through my stash.

8 Likes

maybe make a wall hanging? A border for around the ceiling, like a big scarf. :wink:

6 Likes

Those are all good ideas!

5 Likes

I have so much yarn. It still surprises me when I go look for something. I had to put it in my tiny basement because of a move. I have most in plastic tubs so I can see it. Doing these dolls has ensured I buy more medium weight so that line is full too now. My solution? As soon as I get done with the doll testing, I’m gonna make a lot of thick yarn blankets. This should empty a lot of tubs … :wink: But, your question on mystery yarn … yes. I have tubs of those also. Oh my …

I have gifted some to family … but they only want the good stuff that I want also …

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::laughing::laughing: I feel so called out!

6 Likes

They only want the good stuff??? You taught them well!

When I was working with the homeless in St Louis
MO I met a couple of girls that crocheted and I gifted a couple bags full that way.

I don’t know about you, but I want the yarn to go to someone who appreciates it ya know?

6 Likes

Or “how the *** old is this yarn?”

4 Likes

What? ???

4 Likes

I was gifted a whole trash bag full of yarn at least 5 years ago, and there was all kinds of stuff in there. There are some older yarns. Some are super stiff, I won’t even use them because I’m afraid of how they’ll mess up my fingers.

4 Likes

If it’s a great color, soak it in vinegar/water 50/50 after wrapping outside with pantyhose.
Then if it can, throw it in the dryer, or place outside on a windy day or warm day.
I did this with about 4000 yards of yarn my boy cat sprayed on.

4 Likes