Yarn store shenanigans

25 Likes

Same!

4 Likes

It is unusual for me to just feed the stash, but I did that on my birthday :rofl: only 1 of 6 skeins has planned projects.

2 Likes

I usually have plans for all the yarn i buy…
but some was on sale the other day and maybe i bought some …:flushed:

4 Likes

Sales are a fair time to stash. I decided I needed some blanket yarn since it’s commonly used in this community. Not sure what I’m gonna do with only 1 skein of each color (4 total) since I can’t feasibly do amigurumi lol.

2 Likes

I have so much blanket yarn! I like working with just yarn, chenille, or velvet for ami.

Decided to take all the blanket yarn and make

Wait for it

A BLANKET!!!

3 Likes

I realized after I said it but it was late :rofl:

1 Like

lol blankets are cozy and warm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes :melting_face: I have a bit of a problem with this, since I tend to shop yarn at two chain stores here that aren’t actual yarn stores, and they shift their already limited color selection like 4-5 times a year, meaning that if I go into one of those stores to buy yarn, it’s best to buy a sweater quantity, because chances are that they’re not going to have it in a couple weeks or ever again :joy: And the yarns are from those particular stores and can’t be bought elsewhere (their own brand), unless someone privately sells from their own stash (from what I can find) :sweat_smile:
Sooo… yeah. At least the yarn is quite cheap, so I don’t bankrupt myself every trip :joy:

3 Likes

how fun I love that. I once lived across the street from Hobby Lobby and purposely didn’t go it often cause I knew I would buy

3 Likes

I bought so much yarn in 2022 that I bought VERY little in 2023 and am desperately trying to use what I’ve already got :joy: I could open a freaking yarn store with what I’ve got, it’s so ridiculous