YarnTube!

I would love a huge post filled with all of the Youtube channels that have helped shape our crochet journey’s!

Shout out here your favorite Youtube channel that has taught you a lot, or maybe you just love that persons personality and crochet inspiration!

Mine right now is AltKnots, she is such a sweet and great vibes kinda gal and I adore her creations and aesthetic. I watched her make a ton of cardigans before I jumped into my first pride crop top cardigan wearable! I throw her videos on in the backgrounds of my projects because she has such wonderful energy!

Who do you enjoy their crochet vibes?

Heart GIF by Chippy the Dog

13 Likes

I like Toni Lipsey Yarn You tube channel. That’s the only one i Really watch on a consistent basis.

10 Likes

bella coco has been a huge help! even though i’m not a beginner anymore i still watch and love her videos!

11 Likes

I like J’s Knit and Purl Jam on you tube. J makes it easy to make a garment, awesome tutorials, and a pleasant lovely hostess.

9 Likes

I love Twinkie Chan! She has such cute creations, and omygosh the amigurumis!

9 Likes

My grandpa recorded a crochet and knitting show on the TV for me while I’m visiting, and she did a tutorial on there today!

8 Likes

Such a good Grandpa!!

7 Likes

Yes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Here are a few that really helped me when I first started!

• Jada in stitches helped me a ton when first starting out!
  • KnotBad has a nice tutorial for Magic Rings and it was the first time it “clicked” for me after watching that!
  • Bella Coco has sooo many amazing helpful videos as well!
7 Likes

Ahhh so many awesome suggestions!
Thanks for adding to this awesome list everyone!
I definitely have some exploring to do!

Debi Mazar Netflix GIF by YoungerTV

6 Likes

Made in the moment has some great crochet and knitting videos

6 Likes

On Youtube I like Knit Grit and Knot Bad :grin:

5 Likes

I liked the Crochet Crowd when starting C2C.

4 Likes

My 3 favorite youtube channels, that has helped me learn more about crocheting, would be crystal/bag o day crochet, fiber spider, and lastly the crochet crowd theres many more channels, but it will take forever to write about other peoples channels because there too many of them.
Theses are first 3 channels i came across there the ones made me want to try crochet now 6 years later here i am. :blush:

6 Likes

I have to give a shout out to #thecrochetcrowd starring Micky for #yarnspirations on #youtube. My grandmother taught me the chain stitch as a child, but I got bored and never went any further until many years later when my dad was in the hospital. I channeled my grandmother and put on Mickey and within a few hours I was totally hooked (no pun intended). It made my dad happy to see me take to it so quickly. One of the last things he told me was I reminded him of his mother. I am so glad I took up the craft. And a thank you to Micky for showing how simple it was. And a huge thank you to my grandmother who passed the love of the craft onto me. :yarn: :heart: :yarn: :heart: :yarn: :heart: :yarn:

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for your wonderful responses!
I will be bookmarking this whole thread so I can work my way down this list!
I hope it continues to grow.
And I hope you all continue to share parts of your crochet story as well, this thread has put such a smile on my face!

Happy So Excited GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

5 Likes

These are the ones I’ve probably learned the most from through the years, but I have so many more I’m subscribed to.
Fuad Azmat / YARNutopia
Jayda InStitches
Crochet crowd
Yarnspirations
It’s All in a Nutshell
Debi Dearest
Naztazia

3 Likes

i love ikoxun atm! she has such a nice voice :heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

I started to crochet a few months ago with the help of The Woobles kits; they also have a youtube channel were they teach the different kind of stitches.
In the first couple of weeks with my new skill, I also found the channel “All From Jade” and i made a jellyfish army, she explained so well!
I now have multiple channels i am following, but these 2 were my main help at the very start of my journey :slight_smile:

3 Likes