2022 Temperature Blanket

Note to self: don’t wait until December to finish 1/3 of my temperature blanket like I did this time :sweat_smile: I will be finally finishing it tonight. Did anyone else do a temperature blanket last year? Can you share a picture? Or if you didn’t do a temperature blanket, can you share a photo of your favorite blanket that you made?

10 Likes

Gak! My makes are in storage, otherwise Ibwould share.,The idea of a temperature blanket doesn’t appeal to me.,

6 Likes

I started one several years ago and did great for about 5-6 weeks… But the colors didn’t appeal to me and I had this crazy notion of photographing the process a certain way (so when I couldn’t photograph for a bit, I refused to work on it until I could, and got too far behind to have any desire to continue)
I do want to make one for my son in colors he chose for his birth year, but haven’t yet… Hopefully this year…
Can’t wait to see yours though!

5 Likes

Aww ok! Maybe you can share later. I understand I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do one at first but now that I’m almost done I like how it turned out.

5 Likes

I’m sorry yours didn’t work out! I’m sure your son would love that! It would definitely be a special keepsake. And thank you, I’m going to try and get good pictures this weekend.

5 Likes

Good luck!! I’m not really familiar with temperature blankets so I haven’t made them only heard of them (along with other temperature projects) so I’m not sure what exactly a temperature blankets is just yet

I did crochet a lap blanket for my grandmother (my first one and it definitely taught me some things) I’m currently freehanding a crochet blanket for my father now but I had to stop since I injured my left hand (it’s healing now but it’ll probably take more time lol)

7 Likes

Honestly I’m glad that I didn’t finish with the colors… And when I’m not so busy with a toddler, I think making something in better colors with something more meaningful to me (like the book idea I shared a couple weeks ago) will definitely be in my future…
I’ll also make a birth year blanket for my daughter when she’s a teen… And maybe someday I’ll do one for wedding year :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Oooh so pretty!!

5 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

4 Likes

Just fabulous!

5 Likes

This is very beautiful! I know your grandma loved it! I hope your hand heals soon.

4 Likes

That makes sense, doing them to mark special years. I loved the book idea, I shared it with my oldest daughter and she is making a book blanket.

4 Likes

Thank you @anoswaldoddity and @Lefthandstitches :grinning::smile::laughing:

4 Likes

This is a photo of the finished blanket, (my first one ever)

4 Likes

Wow!!

3 Likes

That turned out great! Kudos!

Awesome Love It GIF by Adult Swim

3 Likes

Thank you! :two_hearts::blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :heartbeat:

3 Likes

No temperature blankets for me… But I am doing the Stitch N Scream CAL this year :slight_smile: my first square is dark purple and there’s gonna be lots of orange in there I think

3 Likes

That’s awesome sounds like a lot of fun! I bet it will be pretty!

3 Likes