A very special little doll!

I’m so incredibly proud of this thing, so really I just want to show it off everywhere I can right now!

Some of you might recognize him, maybe?

Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/4 for the main doll
Hobbii Fluffy Day XL for the hair

The blood is acrylic paint diluted in water

The hair alone took me 3h to do.

I’m so in love with this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m so proud! I’m gonna display it somewhere I can see everyday.

20 Likes

I love how the stitches look! Did you Yarn over or yarn under? If the hair took 3 hours I can’t imagine how long the body took! At the moment I can’t figure out where he’s from lol :rofl:

4 Likes

Yarn over :slight_smile:

The body itself probably took less than that tbh :rofl::rofl::rofl: the hair was very time consuming. Separating every little strand was hell.

He’s from reality :wink: that’s Skinny Puppy’s frontman, amazing vocalist, Ogre :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I can’t believe it took less lol for the hair have you ever tried using a spiky dog brush? I do that with one I got at my local dollar tree (just a cheapy one) but it works really well separating the yarn strands! Having to separate each one it makes sense why it was about 3 hours :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Are you taking it to the concert? I’ll bet Ogre never received a crocheted gift in his life. :flushed:

2 Likes

The yarn was ripping so I couldn’t use a brush I had to separate it by hand

2 Likes

No, we’re not allowed to give things to the guys due to Covid.

And yes, Ogre has received many crocheted gifts in his life. In fact, more than one doll of him!

4 Likes

Has he really?!! Amazing!

2 Likes

Yeah! Fans always bring Ogre all kinds of gifts :slight_smile: he’s a very, very loved human.

3 Likes

Oh hair is a loathe for me to do. My horse at xmas took 2 days to root the mane.
Its worth it in the end when the result looks so cool but so time consuming and not as fun as the crocheting.
I’d be tempted to make 2 on the off chance I got to give him one :green_heart: so very awesome

3 Likes

Oof, yeah some yarn works better than others :sweat:

2 Likes

Oof I don’t know that I have enough spoons to make that again :rofl: plus I wouldn’t get to give him one cause my area is far from any convention or event he’d be likely to ever attend.

4 Likes

I do like the result tho. Needed it to be extra floofy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m ever the dreamer :rofl: he’s super cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wow! Awesome!

4 Likes

I’m already happy enough that I will get to see him up close one last time, since I got a VIP ticket and that includes soundcheck. With the barrier I won’t be directly against the stage but. Still pretty close if I arrive early enough :slight_smile:

At the ohGr show I was directly in front, for a good while. I was at maybe 3 feet away from him :dizzy_face:

(No I promise I’m not fanpersony :flushed:)

4 Likes

This looks fantastic!
Does the paint crack or harden when it dries? (I have never done this before with paints)

3 Likes

It gets harder. But I dilute it with water, so it’s really more of a stain. Think watercolor. I wouldn’t think of painting directly with acrylic.

4 Likes

Turned out great Winter! The painting creates such a unique effect!

4 Likes

Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I loved painting it so much, but now my desk is full of stains :rofl:

3 Likes