Am I The Only One Who Didn't Know This?

I just found out that there is a limit of likes you can give for a day!? Why is that? Also do any @leaders know what the number of likes I can give is? I donā€™t like that I can only like a certain amount of post/replies a day!

14 Likes

What?! @leaders do yā€™all know the reason for this and the numbers?

5 Likes

Basic user - like up to 300 posts per day
Member - like up to 450 posts per day
Regular - like up to 600 posts per day
Leader - no like limit for Leaders

You can find it in the wiki Ribblr made I believe thereā€™s a limit because thereā€™s badges tied to amount of likes and could easily be earned if thereā€™s no limit

Edit: hereā€™s the link for the wiki

12 Likes

yeah i didnā€™t know

6 Likes

so basically i already liked around 450 posts? in your opinion do you think there should be a limit?

5 Likes

Yeah that should be the reason, personally I donā€™t mind as it definitely encouraged me to be more active so I can get at a higher level, and to stay at this level I need to remain active, I remember reaching the like limit back when I was a basic user and I probably wouldnā€™t be a regular/active in the community as much if there was no limit since I would have access to it all the time if that makes sense

7 Likes

This is the first Iā€™ve heard of it. I can imagine that the rule is in place to prevent abuse of some kind. I donā€™t know for sure as I have no role in making the rules here

6 Likes

You learn something new everydayā€¦

5 Likes

I think it is good to have a limit on brand new accounts to reduce the chances of loads of spam suddenly occurring and potentiaally crashing the site for everyone if there was some kind of malicious attack but I think maybe once you get the regular level it could be unlimited as you are definitely an active user by then.

6 Likes

yes!

3 Likes

Never mind. Someone already posted this information

4 Likes

How long did it take you??

7 Likes

Not that long if you check the wiki it tells you how to achieve each status since it does require you to log in a certain amount of days and remain active to keep it (only applies to regular if youā€™re inactive for awhile you return back to member but wonā€™t get any lower than that) Iā€™ll just quote it here but definitely give the wiki a look it has as lot of info packed in there :smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been on a Ribblr since March of 2022. Iā€™m medically retired so so have a lot of free time. Iā€™ve meandered all over this platform and still find something new to learn.
Since Ribblr evolves frequently there is always something new going on.
@ArtsAndNaps is correct. Itā€™s not hard to reach a level but it does require investing time and interaction with others.
Seems like Ribblr exploded in the past 9 months or so, so definitely a lot of changes that go with new products/services with Ribblr.
Iā€™ve enjoyed watching it grow!

3 Likes