Any Advice/Things I should know about for someone who is new(er) to ribblr?

Sooooo these may seem like some dumb questions to ask lol, but I have heard of karma before through here. What is it? Another thing is that I’m curious about all of the extra things people have next to their name (whether it be orange hearts, white hearts, etc. etc. and also the extra emoji where you can put something in there [like a joke or something]) and also any extra additional information I should know about ribblr/the community would be great <3 Thank you all so much :D!

11 Likes

Karma is what you recieve when you test a pattern. So when a designer post a tester call and you get picked to test that pattern , once completed the designer will gift you the pattern which is 1 karma point. Each time you test a pattern you will get 1. These karma points show other designers when you apply to test, that you are a reliable testers that gets projects done.

The little emojis beside each name, im not sure how to change that or what its for , as i would like to know too!!

Other information:

•There are plenty of free patterns here to choose from under discovering!
• You can create your own patterns as well if you have a shop, you can sell or post them as free
• There are different personal space groups here that you can post in like "Christian crafters , Teen crafters, All the things , etc " You can find those under topics

7 Likes

Thank you sooo much! This definitely helped lol, if you don’t get a pattern done, does that mean that your karma point will go down 1? I have tested 2 patterns so far lol. I’ve also seen people who have put “reliable testers only”, how many karma points usually makes you reliable? I believe the smaller emojis (and not the ones that you can put whatever you want in/next to them) are badges if i’m not mistaken? Do you have to equip them when you get them, or do they automatically equip?

3 Likes

there is one pattern designer who states “reliable” & the numerical value for his/her testing is 20!

2 Likes

Ok thank you so much! Thats perfect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i think it is totally dependent on the designer! :bubbles:

2 Likes

No you dont lose karma points , you only gain. If you dont complete a pattern. You just dont get the karma and you will be removed from testing.

2 Likes

Ok, gotcha! I assumed so haha!

2 Likes

I figured it outttt!! If you click on your profile on the right, then click on the person, then you can set a custom status. You can change it to never go away :>

2 Likes

Since everyome already commented the answer here’s just a general thing you can do that I definitely recommend doing! You can visit the help center and either look around it or use a keyword(s) to get any answers, another thing you can do is while you’re in the community if you use the search icon and also type a keyword(s) you can find posts that might have asked something you’re confused on with an answer in the comments! Here’s also the ultimate wiki about Ribblr!

3 Likes

Ok! Thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem! It may seem overwhelming at first but it definitely gets easier understanding over time :smile:

2 Likes

Hi! I know I’m a little late on this but I was wondering if you figured out how to do that, thanks!

Hey! So the little emoji next to ppls names that say things when you press on them is called a status and I took some ss to show you how to do it :))

Hope this helps and lmk if you need any more assistance!

2 Likes

haha thanks so much for the help! I got it all figured out lol

1 Like

Oh alr, great!