hi guys! soo i’m buying a cricut maker 5 for a school project and i ws wondering if anybody had one because i still don’t know what some of the pens are used for i need to make a presentation in 2 hrs to my dad to practice if anybody knows what some of the blades are or what printable vinyl or the new “print and cut feature” is it would really help thx!
~
mimi
19 Likes
I do!!! I make stickers & clothing designs!
I have the cricut joy xtra, and it works pretty well, just big enough for the print then cut feature!
- pens: so I’m fortunate enough to be in a school that has a 3d printer, so there’s 3d print models out there that are fit for cricuts and can basically hold any pens/markers/pencils you want! If you can’t do that, there are markers that you can buy online (by the way you can get all of this in michaels, the cricut website, and amazon!)
- blades: idk what you’re really asking but there are multiple types of blades for your cricut! I didn’t purchase any blades because the standard one that comes with the cricut is enough for me
- printable vinyl: okay so I make stickers and I had to do a lot of research to understand the print then cut feature and the whole process. I highly recommend watching this video to understand. You have to purchase this printable sticker set (fyi there are many different types like holographic and off-branded sticker sets so I’d definitely try around and find what you like the best) and it comes with 2 types of sheets like the video will show you!
It’s so rewarding when you finally figure out how to make the cricut work and I hope this message helps!! Lmk if you have any more questions 
3 Likes
no, but i’d love to see what you make with it!