At what age did everybody start crocheting?

The advice I just gave @DasChubba :point_up_2: applies to you tooā€¦ youā€™ll be amazed at how much youā€™ll grow as an artist :revolving_hearts:

13 Likes

Like a lot of others, Iā€™ve been crocheting since i was ~11, my Grandma taught me the basics and I went on YouTube for the rest. Iā€™ve been crocheting for around 6ish years now. Iā€™m happy i kept up with it and am grateful for my Grandma as Iā€™ve made cute plushes and clothes and have greatly progressed through the years : )

14 Likes

Sometime in elementary school because i found my moms old crochet hooks in my basement haha so now its been around 10+ years (now 17) :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

I learned to knit and crochet when I was 10 years old (now 40). I have been crocheting regularly for 10 years. :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

As a child. Not sure what age.

14 Likes

Thank you :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

I was 13 when I started, I had a bunch of left over yarn from horse shows and crochet hooks from my grandmother. I am almost 16 so almost 3 years now. My first project ever was an amigurumi bee.

14 Likes

I started at 40 something. Been non stop since then, 55 now.

11 Likes

Im 27 now and only started crocheting in October, tried knitting when I was a teenager but never got into that

12 Likes

I first learned some crochet (chaining and sc in BLO) in the very early 90s (probably 92ish) from my grandmaā€¦ Didnā€™t do too much with it until about 98 or so when I helped my other grandma put ā€œlacyā€ beaded edgings on baby socks for my cousinā€¦ Then again did nothing until 2005-8 when I made several sc in BLO scarves off and onā€¦ Finally in 2011 I decided to relearn/learn more, using books and blogs (couldnā€™t get it with YouTube) and havenā€™t stopped since! Then I taught myself to knit in 2013 (almost solely using YouTube, as that I couldnā€™t get it with reading :woman_shrugging:t3:), and havenā€™t stopped with that either!

11 Likes

This is very similar to mineā€¦ (But I was under 10 starting)

7 Likes

Im 13 have been crocheting for only a couple weeks i taught myself via YouTube in a day becase I wanted to make octopi and now make cows, octopi, bees some tops and a cardigan

11 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr @Tamar09

8 Likes

i finger knitted at 8 and was 9 when i learned knitting and crochet

9 Likes

I started crocheting when I was 15ish!

9 Likes

welcome @Cruzg245!

Cf Welcom GIF by Calvary Fellowship Church

10 Likes

My first project was also a bee!

9 Likes

I learnt at the age of 14! Im now 15 and have been doing it for about 7 months now. I mostly do amigurumi but I also like to make outfits for my build a bears. :yarn:

10 Likes

Im currently 14 and only recently started around late December. Although it took me HOURS just to understand how to do the basics, Iā€™m finally getting the hang of it and itā€™s so fun! I honestly wish I took the initiative to start sooner! Nevertheless, Im very proud to say that my first proper piece of work (despite lookingā€¦ interesting due to my skill) was completed with the help of this app and I look forward to using it to create many more in the future!

9 Likes

Good for you! Thereā€™s always more to learn in this craft. Keep on going, it gets better!

7 Likes