Book Recs?

To all my fellow readers out there who get sucked into another world when they read a book, they cry when they finish it, or have created whole worlds in there heads…

Any book recs? I don’t have a book right now and NEED one!

(Any genre, about 12+, not inappropriate-not kiddish)

Thank you

14 Likes

Station eleven, six wakes, my best friends exorcism, ready player one, the partials sequence, the forgetting, horrorstor, Dorothy must die series, the great zoo of China, the Alex verus series, the splintered series, the pax arcana series, the immortal Nicholas flammel series, beautiful creatures series
Those are all YA/teen and were very good reads across a lot of genres

9 Likes

Lunar chronicles, instant karma, heartless (all by marissa meyer) and the twisted fairy tale series is really good

7 Likes

Just got 1 I can think of rn and that’s Ranger’s Apprentice

I used two love reading those books, past few years due to school I stopped reading for fun though so I don’t have many recommendations (the books I had to read for literature were not good)

Edit: I recently started the throne of glass series though and those books are pretty good so far, but I feel like in the later books it might add some inappropriate stuff, I don’t recall any in the first book and prequel though, but I’m only halfway second book

7 Likes

I haven’t finished the whole series and I read it when I was younger, but I fondly remember The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Fantasy Fiction), also I LOVED Coraline by Neil Gaimen (Horror fiction) it’s an animated movie if you’ve seen it but the movie and book differ (The book was scarier lol but I love both) I even own the book

I need to read more novels lol I haven’t read any in a while I mostly read manga nowadays lol :rofl:

6 Likes

if you want to cry…Kristin Hannah’s Firefly Lane series or Winter Garden will do it :face_holding_back_tears:

7 Likes

oh yeah, she has another one I read that was good, but not for this person’s age group

6 Likes

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke is my favorite book of all time! Little bit of a slow start, but has a fascinating, magical world and a super earnest, lovable main character. the mystery is really intriguing too!

8 Likes

Some of my favorites series are the hunger games trilogy + the ballad of songbirds and snakes, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Charlie bone, Artemis fowl, The cruel prince, Shadow and bone, The maze runner, Redwall, the red queen, throne of glass, Keeper of the Lost Cites, and the Keys to the kingdom series.
Some good 14+ books are The Hate You Give, they wish they were us, they both die in the end, all the light we cannot see, five feet apart, lovely bones, fire, wicked lovely, Frankenstein, perfect ruin, I am not dying with you tonight, the book thief, and thirteen reasons why.
I’m 15 and currently reading Girl in pieces 16+
Always check trigger warnings

6 Likes

I love the Selection series! Maybe check that out? I can be super particular about what I read and this series blew me away!

6 Likes

I recamend the land of story’s or anything by Chris colfer

6 Likes

If you’re interested in reading mystery-thriller novels, then you can try The Robert Langdon book series by Dan Brown!

7 Likes

You should read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson! It’s soooo good

7 Likes

The secret history great and immersive

4 Likes

okay you need to read ALL the Marie Lu series books starting from legend. PLEASE YOU NEED TO!!

4 Likes

Fable Haven series, by Brandon Mull. The Beyonders, by Brandon Mull. Gregor The Overlander by Suzanne Collins is AMAZING if you like fantasy.

4 Likes

sry i went mia for about a month but in that time after begging for weeks i got to go to B&N and i got Anne of Green Gables that book hurt me hard

4 Likes

Saw yourself didn’t you?

2 Likes

The Ascendence series by Jennifer A Nielsen (the false prince, etc), The wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson, A series of unfortunate events, anything Melanie Dickerson, Narnia is a CLASSIC, The story thieves (a bit young but I love them anyway, I’ve read them 4 times), Peter Nimble (still a bit young)

I’m around your age and I thoroughly enjoy everything listed above. I’m searching for new series as well.

6 Likes

Suicide Notes is the book that started my love of reading. I will always recommend the Blue is for Nightmare series, The Book Jumper (this is the only book I wish I could read again for the first time), The 100 series, V-Wars, Hatchet, 1984, or anything by Natasha Preston or Ellen Hopkins

3 Likes