cheap GOOD yarn

helllooo i was just wondering… does anyone have any cheap CHENILLE OR VELVET yarn brands that are GOOD? (sry js want good yarn)
pls cheap bc im a broke gurl :money_with_wings:

23 Likes

hmm dollar tree LOL or joann has clearance yarn mabey temu but the shipping let me think of more

9 Likes

oooo also hobbylobby and hobbi

6 Likes

i second this, i always buy from joanns clearance nd the prices are always really good!!

6 Likes

For chenille, Michaels has the best bang for your buck. The skeins are huge.

I would say premier, but it’s been a little problematic lately. I’m even looking for replacement brands.

Hobbii is good but so expensive, the same price as a Michaels skein full price but half the yarn amount.

I’ve heard himalaya baby dolphin is good, that’s one I’m considering. As well as teddy bear by Joanne.

This is all assuming you’re in the US.

6 Likes

Yarn bee

4 Likes

Ohh yeah I love yarn bee! And Walmart also has the best yarn that does not snap easy and it’s pretty cheap it’s this one. But I also just got some more of the mainstays Brand and it’s pretty good I made this acorn with it!

6 Likes

joanns has major sales often. also premier parfait chunky is $5ish

7 Likes

Yes! I love Michaels because the skeins are so big! They are a little pricey at full price but they have sales soo often!

5 Likes

Not the cheapest, but my fav plush yarn is Estako from (um) Amazon… it’s 9.99 a skein.

4 Likes

i always get my yarn there

4 Likes

temu!

3 Likes

is it safe? like i’ve heard stories abt credit card fraud. hv u had any issues?

2 Likes

Aliexpress! My friends buy stuff from there and its safe! (just double check incase)

3 Likes

I don’t have any :pp

3 Likes

If you’re in Australia, you can go to aldi

3 Likes

Aldi has less than ÂŁ2 balls of wool that are 100g. Temu is cheap but runs put fast so i wouldnt recommend. On amazon you can get velvet lux and its not amazing quality but it is ÂŁ3 and has lots of colours, hope this helps :))

3 Likes

it goes for 4.50 USD on their website!

3 Likes

What do you mean Premier has been “problematic”? I want to know why since I like buying from them. For replacements, I usually use the Sweet Snuggles lite from Michaels as a replacement for the Premier Parfait Chunky as its cheap and you get a HUGE amount of yarn for the price!

4 Likes

I love bernat blanket and velvet. They don’t shed like crazy like other brands do.
I usually go thru Joanns and use a bunch of coupons.
I do suggest you go thru the Joann’s app and do a pick up order because there is a 20% off coupon for that.
Right now bernat velvet is on sale for 9.99 but after the coupon it 7.99.
I’ve gotten it as low as 6.50 in the past.
Sorry hope this helps and wasn’t too much rambling. :purple_heart:

4 Likes