Christening Blanket Saga

So Iā€™ve posted in a couple places about a Christening Blanket Iā€™m trying to make for my daughter before the begininng of Julyā€¦
The saga/woes continue :pensive::woman_facepalming:t3:
So like the square CAL, Iā€™ll keep updating here in one thread instead of multipleā€¦

I took this first pic on May 25th

And hereā€™s todayā€™s newest development :woman_facepalming:t3::tired_face:

Iā€™d appreciate prayers that I can figure out how to accommodate the lack of yarn and still finish in timeā€¦ Thankfully itā€™s my design, so I have wiggle roomā€¦ I just really wanted 240 rows to get the length I wanted :blush:

14 Likes

@OBabyNMore
What brand, weight, color is the yarn? Maybe someone has a skein??

5 Likes

Iā€™m headed to the atore now to see if they have the same dye lotā€¦ But may also find a way to use a different dye lotā€¦ Or just make it around 210 rows and a different color borderā€¦ Weā€™ll see after I get to the store (so thankful hubby understands and is willing to drive me today, sleep deprivation makes it unsafe today)

6 Likes

Husbands are wonderful!
You didnā€™t answer the question though :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™m using woolike, fingering, in ivoryā€¦ But I canā€™t give out my address, so it wouldnā€™t matterā€¦ But thanks!!

5 Likes

Sorry, didnā€™t mean to put you on the spot like that.

5 Likes

No worries, I really appreciate the thought

5 Likes

Itā€™s looking good though!

6 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™m really looking forward to the finished piece :blush:

5 Likes

So, I didnā€™t find the same dye lot,. But found 2 skeins of anotherā€¦ So Iā€™ll rip back to the start of row 61 and use the fade technique to join the new dye lot, work with that dye lot until I finish row 180 and fade back to the 1st dye lot, ending and bordering in the 1st dye lotā€¦ Little extra work, but itā€™ll be worth itā€¦ Honestly my local Michaels never has more than 2 or 3 of the same dye lot, so Iā€™m not really surprised, just bummed about ripping back when Iā€™m already behindā€¦

6 Likes

@OBabyNMore I wish I could reach through the screen and help you with your crochet problems (when you take a break I would continue it for me :joy::two_hearts:) Praying for you!! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t that be a great way to ā€œtele-helpā€? Heheā€¦
Now I need someone to untangle the yarn I just bought :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Totally! Only if we could find a wayā€¦

4 Likes

only if we could find a way to teleport help!

5 Likes

Okā€¦ I ripped out just over 11 rowsā€¦ Then started adding the new dye lot for 2 rows, followed by the original dye lot for 2 rows, will continue in this manner for 20 rows then will switch to new dye lot until I need to fade back to original dye lot (at row 160)ā€¦
I took a quick pic tonight, but only had about 30 seconds before my daughter was going to lose her mind for bedtime, so it doesnā€™t show the texture or the design wellā€¦

6 Likes

5 Likes

I have finished row 85!
Still need to try to do 7-8 rows a day, but making progress

6 Likes

Yay!!!

5 Likes

Finally took another progress photoā€¦ Just finished row 157 in this picā€¦ Realized I made a mistake all the way back at the beginning, but can fix it by eliminating a few rows at the endā€¦ It wonā€™t effect the design at all, just the sizeā€¦ Itā€™s not a big deal, but Iā€™m a little bummedā€¦

Just over a week to finish :scream:

7 Likes

Wowww thatā€™s a lot of progress in a short time, good luck with the last week :purple_heart:

5 Likes