*CLOSED* Tester call for Crochet: School of Illusion Hat

:sparkles: CLOSED :sparkles: Testers for my School of Illusion Hat - Crochet ePattern :broom:An sculpted crochet hat for witches and wizards! This pattern can be adapted to any size thanks to a simple formula and a bit of tension / gauge swatching. Bear in mind this is a project for Intermediate to Advanced crocheters only.

:mage: To apply, read requirements below, comment what yarn colours you would use, and click on the photo :mage:

Tester requirements:

• Have a public Instagram account (optional, but very appreciated).
  • Crochet at an intermediate level.
  • Are confident in sewing crochet parts.
  • Can provide helpful feedback in clear English.
  • Must finish the pattern before the deadline.
  • Your final result must have the same or very similar finish / quality as mine.
  • Are willing to provide me with 2 quality photos of the finished item, which will be shared on my Etsy and social media posts about the pattern.
  • Are willing to make journal updates on Ribblr or post a few WIP / progress photos on your Instagram.

Materials:

• :yarn: 150g of black yarn
  • :yarn: 100g of orange yarn
  • Size of hook to match your own gauge (instructions within pattern)
  • Tapestry needle
  • Craft aluminium wire (1mm)

:sparkles:Testers will be chosen on the 20th. Deadline is the 24th. Only apply if you can make the deadline. More info on the form :sparkles:

17 Likes

So cuteeee!!! Id love to test! How much yarn for each color for the size you made?

Also forms are not allowed here on ribblr! Just letting you know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oops, will edit my post right now! 150g of black yarn + 100g of orange yarn, but this might vary depending on the yarn weight you end up using :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can do it.

4 Likes

I don’t want to apply but how did you do that testing form cuz I’m new and I wanna try this testing method out.
Sesame Street Idk GIF

4 Likes

Ill be using worsted weight! :purple_heart:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lovely! What colours would your hat be?

3 Likes

Orange and black! Maybe some purple too! I hope I can get started soon so i have enough time. Just incase i need to buy more yarn​:orange_heart:

4 Likes

Ooooo that is so cool!!!
Wish I could apply :anguished: I have too many other commitments right now.
Best of luck though! :spider::magic_wand:

5 Likes

I’m really sorry to see so many designers requiring testers to have an instagram (or other social media of any sort) account. I don’t, or I don’t use mine because I don’t like/understand/insert reason here. If I had the time to apply, I would, except I don’t fit this requirement.

I honestly do feel like this should be a ‘bonus feature’, not a requirement, but I do hope you get all the testers you need.

5 Likes

Feel free to apply! It is optional really, as long as a journal is made and photos are provided at the end of the testing period :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know you’d have nailed this pattern to perfection! :blush: Maybe next time, all the best! :heart:

4 Likes

That sounds cool! Purple and orange are some of the witchiest colours ever :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Oh i would like to!! I will do it in acrylic #4 :heartpulse::green_heart:
Oh my Instagram is confection_hurst

2 Likes

I’d love to test this! I will use chunky black and orange! My insta is @MountainHomeMakery

2 Likes

omg thats so cool-looking! i dont think i could make the deadline of 4 days sadly. but good luck with testing!

1 Like

If I was chosen I would use black and purple

1 Like

Will you happen to be picking testers before the 20th? Im just really excited about making this if im selected and wanna get started now haha

1 Like

I will, as soon as I finish the last editing touches :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like