Testing Zone - how to test & guidelines

Post your pattern tester calls, and offer to be a tester, right here on our Testing zone !

We have developed unique safe testing tools to empower both designers and testers, keeping testing safe, fair, and fun!
These tools are free to use for all Ribblrs.

Please make sure you read our guidelines below before testing or posting a tester call.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 14.46.43

Designers - testing is easy as 1, 2, 3

Before you post your first tester call please take the time to learn more about our safe testing tools.
Please make sure you always follow the guidelines below.

Start by clicking the testing icon on your shop (displayed on top of your pattern’s image)

Step 1 - post a tester call

Post your tester call via your shop by clicking the testing icon and following the instructions.
Your post will automatically include your pattern’s name and image, and crafters will be able to apply with a single click.
You should also add specific requirements to your tester call post.

Alternatively, you can also copy the application link and manually send it to potential testers of your choice.

Step 2 - approve and assign testers

You’ll receive a notification when someone applies to test your pattern so you can head over to your shop manager to approve or reject their application with a single click.
Check the tester’s karma points before approving or rejecting them.
Testers earn karma points when they complete a test so a quality tester will have more points.

Make sure to set a due date - this will help both you and your testers.

Don’t forget to close your tester call.
Simply edit the title of your post and add the word ‘closed’. You can also reach out to our @leaders if you need help. Once the word ‘closed’ is added crafters will not longer be able to click to apply.

Step 3 - message testers

Once you’ve approved all testers simply click the ‘message testers’ button.
You’ll be able to type in a message which will be sent to all testers and can be accessed as a private group message in the community.

Reminders

• We’ll remind testers who have not finished their test before the due date arrives
  • We’ll also notify you when someone has completed their test so you can review it and gift them the pattern
  • You can always block testers from testing again or remove a tester from the test, which will then remove your pattern from their library

Video resources:

And check out our improved testing features from May 2023:

And our latest improvement from March 2024:

Crafters - apply with a single click and get testing!

Simply use the tester call post to apply. You’ll receive a confirmation pop-up instantly that your application has been sent.

Once the designer approves you as a tester they’ll send you (and other testers) a private group message.
The pattern will then appear in your patterns library under the ‘testing’ tab.
Click ‘test it!’ and get started.

Please note - designers have the ability to release the pattern in parts, such as section by section. This means you may not see the whole pattern as you test. This should be made clear by the designer in their message to you.

Report any issues you find whilst you test using the floating ‘report issue’ button.

Make sure you are following the designer’s testing requirements as well as the due date which can be found on your pattern library.
We’ll also remind you close to the due date if you haven’t completed your test yet.

Finally, please make sure you always follow the guidelines below.

:stop_sign: Guidelines for testing patterns on Ribblr

1. Testers must be able to apply via your tester call post
    You may provide several ways to apply for testing, but you must also accept submissions via your tester call post on the community. Your testing does not have to take place on Ribblr, although for the safety of your design we highly recommend it. (Learn more about our safe testing tools.)
    For the safety of all Ribblrs, you may not redirect crafters to another site to apply, including for filling forms.

2. Designers may set a testing criteria
    Designers may set a testing criteria such as a due date, requesting testers to add journal notes or share a finished make photo on a social media platform, and more. This information must be disclosed on the tester call post.
    Designers may also determine how many testers they require, when testers will be picked, and when to open/close their tester call.

3. Do not apply to test if you do not meet the criteria
    Please do not apply to test if you do not meet the criteria set by the designer.
    If you aren’t sure, please ask the designer.
    For example - if you think you can only finish the test 3 days after the set due date ask the designer if that’s okay before applying.

4. Communication is key
    Both designers and testers are always expected to keep an active line of communications with each other in order to provide feedback, as well as ask and answer questions. Please be patient and allow the other party reasonable time to reply.

5. Be respectful, kind, and supportive
    Both designers and testers must stay respectful, kind, and supportive of each other and follow Ribblr’s terms & conditions. Aggressive, violent or otherwise disrespectful behavior of any kind is not allowed and will not be tolerated.

:star: If you feel that someone isn’t following these guidelines please avoid contact with them and reach out to us.

220 Likes

I would like to make myself available to test any patterns-I do amigurumi, and anything crochet.

29 Likes

I would like to offer myself to be a pattern tester. I love to crochet. I love to make amigurumi, blankets, beanies, etc., but am open to any crochet pattern. I am also new to Ribblr but am loving this app!! Happy crocheting friends!! :heart::heart:

18 Likes

Hi, I would love to test this

5 Likes

I would like to test

4 Likes

If you would like to test a pattern then reply to one of the current test calls, under the “Testing Zone” category :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I want to start tearing patterns I’m starting my first test pattern Sunday thanks ribblr

3 Likes

I would enjoy being a tester

3 Likes

I would love to test

5 Likes

Hi @Elitott and welcome to Ribblr! You’ll love it here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
In regards to testing patterns, all you need to do to apply is comment to a testing thread, and the designer will either choose you or someone else. Typically multiple people are chosen. Different designers also have different rules for applying for testing, so make sure you read the whole topic (and the comments too) to see what you need to do.
Hope this helps, have a lovely day!
:orange_heart:Nicole

7 Likes

This is very informative. Thank you!

7 Likes

I am willing to test any crochet patterns needed. I mainly work with amigurumi but I have done sweaters and bags before. I’m excited to try anything new as well!

7 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! @isabelsanders

7 Likes

I would like to test for crochet.

3 Likes

Hi, I would love to help test crochet patterns! I love doing amigurumi and I have also been trying my hands at some more intricate stitchwork. I consider myself to be an intermediate (I started during lockdown and got hooked :drum: and now I crochet basically all the time).

I do recognize that I probably need to use the journal feature more though.

3 Likes

@Craftywinx @isabelsanders @Marubeanscrochet @SailorSpaghetti

Hi!
All you have to do to apply for being an tester is to reply to someone’s tester call here on Ribblr. For more information, please see my post above and @Ribblr ’s post as well!

3 Likes

I’d loved to be a tester :heart:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to Ribblr! You’ll love it here for sure.
All you need to do to apply to be a tester is reply to a pattern test call here in the community.

2 Likes

I would like to make myself available to test any patterns-I do pretty much anything crochet.

4 Likes

Hi! All you need to do is reply to a tester call to apply.

3 Likes