(CLOSED) - Tester call for Shima-chan, the shima enaga

I’m looking for a few testers to help me with Shima-chan. Some experience with the recommended yarn type and colour changing is preferred, but not mandatory. Confident beginners who’d like a good challenge with the suggested material are welcome to apply as well. :smiley: If you’d prefer to use the alternative yarn, by all means, feel free to. I’m primarily looking for constructive feedback on the clarity of the instructions, images/illustrations, stitch counts, etc.

Level: Intermediate (because of material and colour changing), the pattern itself is quite basic
Recommended yarn type: Faux fur or fluffy yarn
Alternative yarn type: Velvet/chenille (weight 6 and above)

Requirements:
:sparkles: Favourite my shop
:sparkles: Comment that you’d like to test, and what yarn you’ll be using (helps me to ensure a variation, if applicable)
:sparkles: Be able to finish by 3 Feb 2023 (let me know if you need an extension)
:sparkles: Provide constructive feedback and good photos of the finished project (via DM)
:sparkles: Create a journal to show your finished work
:sparkles: [If applicable] Post it to your IG feed and tag me (@cosynyarns)

Testers will be chosen and added on 18 Jan 2023 (9am, +8 GMT). Good luck!

Pattern: by me (@cosynyarns)

12 Likes

Sharing testing guidelines for your convenience.

2 Likes

:+1: Thanks for this, @anoswaldoddity ! :blush:

3 Likes

Id be so interested in testing with chenille yarn! You can see some examples of my current makes on Ribblr or other tests on my Instagram @alyphira_crochet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your interest, Alexandra! ^^

3 Likes

This is so cute, good luck with your test! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would like to test! I have some fur yarn i have been wanting to try! Or i could use bernat blanket yarn!

3 Likes

Thank you for your interest! ^^

2 Likes

Such a beautiful make! Great job! I hope your test goes perfectly! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

How many yards or meters does it use!?

3 Likes

What an adorable bird! Makes you want to squeeze it :heart_eyes: i love your design and I would love to test for you but sadly i dont have much time :smiling_face_with_tear: but still good luck with your test :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! ^^

3 Likes

Hmm good question… I’d say about 1.5 skeins of Lion Brand’s Go For Faux (60m/skein) series, give or take, or 1 skein of Moda Vera Otis Faux (82m/skein) series. There are 3 base colours to this project though.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words! Maybe next time we can work together on another design. :smiley:

2 Likes

I would love to test but can I make it only grey and brown?

2 Likes

Sure you can! You can use any colours you like as long as the yarn for the main body is at least weight 6

3 Likes

Great! Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Definitely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: as long as its within my ah experience?? I’m a beginner crocheter so yeah haha

2 Likes

UPDATE: This call is now closed. I will be adding testers shortly, so please let me know if you see the pattern in your Testing page. Thank you for applying! ^^
Testers:

5 Likes