*CLOSED* ✨ TESTERS NEEDED ✨ - Patchwork Cardi/Sweater!

I’m currently finishing up the pattern for this super cute patchwork cardigan, and I’m looking for some pattern testers! I created this cardi inspired by many of the patches I made for a huge blanket that I never got to finish. I really wanted to use some of the patches, though, so I adapted them into this hehe.⁠

The pattern includes instructions for 30 different patches, some of them being traditional granny square patches, others being popular patches like the spiral and checkered patches. Others use appliques that you sew on top of them or colorwork designs (my favorite is the Van Gogh-inspired sunflowers patch hehe).⁠

The pattern is a made-to-measure pattern, which means it provides detailed instructions to figure out how many patches you need to create the length and width of your choice. The pattern also includes instructions to make either a cardigan or sweater version, so ideally I need some testers to help me test the cardigan instructions, and others to test the sweater instructions!⁠

The best part is that you will be free to pick and choose whichever patches you want to use for your own project, so no two projects will be the same! It’s a real choose-your-own-adventure cardi/sweater lol.⁠

:sunflower: You will need at least 2000 meters (500 grams) of light-worsted weight yarn, and a 3.5mm hook. This is how much I used for my version (for reference, my bust size is 36" and I usually wear S/M).⁠
:sunflower: All skill levels are welcome, but experience in reading patterns is ideal!⁠
:sunflower: Testers must be able to complete the cardi/sweater, provide constructive feedback, and pictures of the finished top by April 1st, 2022.⁠⁠
:sunflower: Testers will be added in an Instagram group chat along with the rest of the testers and myself so that testers can all get information at once, and it allows testers and me to communicate. As such, testers will ideally need an open Instagram crochet account.
⁠⁠
If you are interested in testing the pattern, comment on this post stating which version (cardi or sweater) you’d like to test, and I’ll contact those interested with the application form! The form will give testers more information about the testing phase, and it will provide me with some necessary info (email to send the feedback form, etc.).
The testing call will be open until February 20th, 11pm (EST). I will get back to the chosen testers on February 21st :orange_heart:⁠⁠

33 Likes

I soooo wish I could that sweater is adorable! I have too many orders to catch up on, so I can’t right now :sob:

7 Likes

I love the sweater I can’t wait for it to be out! If I wasn’t in the middle of launching a new pattern collection I would totally test it

6 Likes

I don’t think I would be able to finish this before April 1st, but I do LOVE this design, so I’m looking forward to the release of the pattern :blush: Good luck!

9 Likes

I’d like to test x

6 Likes

Wow that’s stunning​:purple_heart: I’d love to test the sweater version!

6 Likes

I’d love to test this pattern it’s so cute I think the cardigan would be fab

6 Likes

I love this

5 Likes

I would like to test!

6 Likes

I will test I can get it done by April. I love the patches. I need a cardigan too heh

5 Likes

I will test! I can do the sweater version. I do not have an Instagram account sadly but I can give you any feedback through the journal/a private message on Ribblr.

7 Likes

I would love to test this but I don’t have Instagram (my business partner manages our business insta), and I’m not sure I have the time as I’m finishing testing some other things and other projects on top of those after that : )
But it’s an amazing pattern!! You did such a great job with it!! :hugs:
Have you ever thought of making it into a quilt or blanket? That would be totally amazing! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you sm!

And funnily enough, I actually created many of these patches and more for a massive blanket that I never got to finish back in 2020 (the unfinished blanket is below, haha). I felt really sad about it because I loved many of the patches I had designed for it, so I thought I could adapt them and use them for a cardi!

10 Likes

Oh my gosh that so funny! I love your (unfinished) blanket too! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Where did you get the SpongeBob patch pattern!?!??! I love SpongeBob so much!!!

5 Likes

omg! it looks gorg
I do want to test the sweater- though I’ve been so busy lately ;-; I don’t even know how long it would take me

5 Likes

Aaahhh it’s so pretty :sparkling_heart: I’d like to test it :DD

7 Likes

thank you sm!

5 Likes

If I remember, I made it myself, but I did look for a bowtie applique tutorial on youtube to create his little tie. The eyes were made with a normal circle (in the round) technique, and the body was just made with hdc as a 5’’ x 5’’ square.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

(I’ll put this comment here so everyone can be informed at once!):

If anyone is interested in helping me test the pattern (either the sweater or cardi version), message me privately on Ribblr or send me a message on my Instagram (@rollingyarncrochet) so I can send you the tester form which has all the information you will need for the testing phase. I wanted to include the link to the google form on here but I can’t seem to add the link :sweat_smile:

Thanks again to all those that have shown interest in testing the pattern, and also those that have shown their love for the design, it’s so nice to read all the lovely comments :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :orange_heart:

6 Likes