Crafting for kindness exchange *free pattern*

Idk if this counts but when i was going out with my family for lunch there was a toddler who was crying and it seemed that no matter how hard his parents tried he couldn’t stop crying so i cut my wip and crocheted a fish really quick with the yarn i have that time and gave it to him he looked so happy and stopped crying after that and i’m just glad It helped

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you lost your little ones​:cry:

3 Likes

This was such a heartwarming thread! You guys are amazing <3
I know the giveaway thing is over, but I figured I’d share mine anyway. I don’t generally leave finished objects in public, but I like to give my teachers and friends (and sometimes random people) plushies ^-^

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this, acts of kindness are so important :blush: I’ve been doing a thing that started small but has gotten bigger. My daughter took a plush to school I made her & 3 of her friends asked if I could make them something. For Christmas I made her class and teachers little reindeer. Every time I send things in I get more requests. I’ve currently got about 15 requests from kids and her teachers asked me to make 60 positive potatoes for testing they have in a few weeks. It’s been a lot of work but I hope that it makes a difference to the children, and I love doing it :heart:

4 Likes

What is positive potatoes?
What a lovely thing to do :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m having fun with them. It’s these little guys:

7 Likes

Soooo cute!

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

Oh I really like that
I’ve never seen them before

4 Likes

That is so cute!!!

3 Likes

Cute :heart:

4 Likes

This is a fantastic idea!!!

4 Likes

When I choose a pattern to create I try to keep young kids in mind. If they can hug it for security and comfort. :hugs::people_hugging:

1 Like

I used to keep dog treats and dog food in my good along with protein and granola bars. I made little care bags and when I would see a homeless person with a dog I would give them a small care package. I also had small snack bags for people without dogs. Most people dont realize that sometimes a dog is a homeless persons main or only companion and they want to take care of them before they take care of themselves. Ive been meaning to start doing it again especially with the holiday fast approaching.

2 Likes

Hello,
Bless you all!!! For your wonderful kindness!
I belong to the random acts of kindness group on facebook also. I crochet hats and mittens for our church mitten tree. When I was in chemotherapy in the city, I made hats to contrbute there. I am working on a couple to leave there when I go for my next recheck in Dec.
Happy holidays to all of you for spreading your talent in such special ways.

3 Likes

Are you still gifting?

3 Likes

Hey @Midnightsurvior60 , this thread is from last year.
So, no, not gifting. :confused:

1 Like

Wow!!! Missed that. I picked up from last days. Didn’t even pick up the 22 on first post.

2 Likes

I did the same thing when I was new, so don’t feel bad.

2 Likes