this gets me smmmmm :sob::sob:
my dad said “stop knitting do your hw”
I said “it’s crochet!!”
he said “idc” :sob::sob:
animal-love-knitting-s-crochet-quickmemecom

17 Likes

lol

4 Likes

My mom said to me just yesterday: Yes I told her you knit.
Me: Its crochet
My mom: same thing
:sob::sob:

6 Likes

Its not thooooooooo. The only similarity is its made with yarn. Totally different thing

6 Likes

Literally everyone, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I SAY I CROCHET GO, “WhAt ArE yOu KnItTiNg?” :rat: THEYRE A BUNCH OF RATSSSS

6 Likes

fr

6 Likes

I love this :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

it’s even worse when they are like “eh same dang thing”

4 Likes

no my dads even worse- he calls it cross stitch​:sob::sob:

6 Likes

My mom says “Oh Deadname knitted this eagle the other day!”
Me : 1, Its crocheting, 2 you know it was a crow. 3, i CROCHETED it a month ago

5 Likes

My mom knows how to crochet and knit so I don’t have the struggle of a parent saying that​:smile:

4 Likes

What is cross stitch?

3 Likes

im not quite sure but i looked up pictures and this is what it looks like~

i think its a more pixelated version of embroidery.
also everytime i correct my dad on it hes like “whats crochet?” BUT HE KNOWS WHAT CROSS STITCH IS​:sob::raised_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you! It doesn’t look like crochet so I am wondering how your dad mixes them up.

3 Likes

Sry she is so disrespectful of names, names are important! It will get better, one way or another. My inlaws took about 20 years to stop deadnaming a fam member but FINALLY got better after being called out s few times. They were like why doesn’t soandso visit, and I’m all maybe because they get called their dead name every time? It finally seemed to click.

4 Likes

my dad called it sewing. SEWING.

3 Likes

Same here ! I taught my mom how to crochet and she’s hooked lol ! My baba sometimes calls it knitting :yarn::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

(Me telling my mom a pattern I’m making)
Me: “Ok after the X amount of sc slst”
Her: “Whats that?”
Me: “A slst? It’s like this” [shows her a slst]
Her: “that’s what I was doing for sc-…”
Me: “WHAT.”

2 Likes

Cross stitching is where you have a canvas with tiny holes and use embroidery thread. It’s a bunch of different style stitches, that when finished is a picture, saying, I’ve done cross stitch keepsakes for my nieces n nephews when they were born. I cross stitched their hand and footprints along with their names, birth dates, how long they were and how much they weighed. Then added their baby picture and put the finished item into picture frames for their parents. I eish I had pictures to show you.

My 4th grade teacher also owned a craft store when I was in school. She taught the entire class how to cross stitch as an assignment we had to make something for our dad’s for Father’s day that year. I made my dad a bookmark with a mallard duck on a pond with cattails around it. ( he still uses it) that was 30 or so years ago, give or take a couple years. Lol

2 Likes