Did You Know? šŸ§ 9 top tips and tricks for the community!

Welcome to our Did You Know? :face_with_monocle: (dyk) segment where we teach you about Ribblr features and tools you might not know yet!

Did You Know? Top tips and tricks for the community!

If you are new to Ribblr make sure you check out our Community Guidelines and of course our Community WIKI which gives you all the information about how to navigate, bookmark posts, control your notifications, earn badges, gain community levels and so much more:

But today we want to take the time to focus on pro tips:

1. Check out your summary! Go to your profile, then click summary. Youā€™ll find cool stats about your activity in the community.

2. Featured topic - you can feature a topic in your profile so everyone who visits it can find it. A great example would be a post introducing yourself or your shop.

3. Tracking - you probably already the know that you can use the bell icon in every topic to control the level of your notifications. But did you know you can also find tracking in your profile to both set tracking defaults AND track specific spaces and tags? You can also track other Ribblrs (not in a creepy way!) by becoming friends and receiving a notification when they post.

4. Drafts - you can find all your drafts by clicking on your profile picture then drafts. This is a great way to revisit some of those topics you havenā€™t shared yet.

5. Pause notifications - sometimes you need to wind down and take a step back. We respect that! You can use the ā€˜pause notificationā€™ feature to temporarily not receive any notifications. And you can also set a notification schedule.

6. Use # to for spaces or tags! You can use writing Testing zone to link directly to our testing zone or suggestion to hyper link to our suggestion tag.

7. Videos - we donā€™t natively support adding videos to the community, but you can embed Youtube videos and other websites directly into your post. Just copy and paste it! Others will be able to watch the videos directly within your post.

8. Reply via email - you can reply to message and posts directly via email, just hit the reply button in your email and type your reply. Thatā€™s it! Weā€™ll automatically paste it in the right place.

9. Share posts! Finally, you can share posts. Just hit the share icon below the topic or next to each post. You can use it to start a new topic linked to a post or just share directly via email, Facebook, Twitter etc.

:sparkles: Donā€™t forget: you can always learn more by asking questions here on the community or by visiting our help center.

:face_with_monocle: Check out our previous Did You Know? posts.

17 Likes

This still makes no sense to me. What email? Where? How is this done?
I am not trying to be dense, but itā€™s been a year and I still have no idea where this email is that has a ribblr reply in it for topics. I only know of the internal messaging that has an envelope in it.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had private messages from testers and get an email notifying me of the message. In the email you can reply to the message via email.

5 Likes

Hmm, to my knowledge, I have not received one of those. That may be why I was so confused. The answer I kept getting was ā€œin your email, just hit replyā€. Like, what email?!
Thank you.

5 Likes

@anon5108995 if youā€™ve set to receive email updates, for example for new messages, then you can reply directly from your email. Sometimes itā€™s a little quicker this way if youā€™re out and about and just want to do a quick reply

5 Likes

I only get emails from Ribblr after I buy a pattern. And announcement emails from Ribblr, for a new feature coming out

3 Likes

Check out your settings on your community profile to enable more emails. And on the main part of the platform here:

3 Likes

I know I gave up looking too

2 Likes

Those notifications show nothing about community

2 Likes

lol
ā€œI canā€™t find thingā€
ā€œthing is in thing boxā€
ā€œIā€™m sorry I wasnā€™t clear, I canā€™t find the box thing is inā€
ā€œthing is in thing boxā€
ā€œI donā€™t see a boxā€
ā€œitā€™s a thing boxā€

2 Likes

I think you missed what they said- there are two types of notifications. Community notifications which you can edit by clicking on your profile then preferences then ā€˜emailsā€™ and ā€˜notificationsā€™.
The link was to the rest of the platform as @Ribblr mentioned.

5 Likes

Found it Tiphani

But mine was set to always or away and Iā€™ve still never gotten a single community email :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

@OBabyNMore we just checked your account and it seems your email client is blocking emails from Ribblr. This means your email has put a filter on our domain or you marked an email as spam/junk. In both cases, according to our policies, we stop emailing you altogether.

5 Likes

I still get emails about updates and SelFee points, though
I didnā€™t mark spam but I didnā€™t add to address book eitherā€¦

4 Likes

If you wish to get all emails we can attempt to reset this for you. Let us know!

If so - could you save the following addresses to your email client please?

hello@ribblr.com
team@mail.ribblr.com
notifications@ribblr.com

5 Likes

Yes I would like to get emails and Iā€™ll choose what to delete, thanks

4 Likes

It should be working now!

4 Likes

Thanks

5 Likes

I give up! Guess Iā€™ll never get the reply by email badge :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes