Discord for Crochet Community

Hey y’all! I started a discord for the crochet community. The point of the discord is to bring friendly, supportive crocheters together in one place to share thoughts, tips, tricks, and ideas.
It’s so easy in todays crochet community for things to get hostile, competitive, or unfriendly, this is a small way of taking a step toward changing that. The crochet world is huge and there is room for everyone :purple_heart: please let me know if y’all are interested and I can share the invite link :blush::yarn:

6 Likes

Sure!

5 Likes

There’s already a ribblr discord! @WolfKvB but the more the merrier :blush:

5 Likes

I would be so happy to join!

5 Likes

If you’d like we can also kinda combine to make a bigger one? :grin: if not that’s totally okay too

It’s just fun to be able to chat and hang out with lots of nice people and the ribblr community is really nice

4 Likes

Also I would still find it fun to join :heart: Like Sierra said, the more the merrier :grin:

4 Likes

Just curious what kind of features you prefer over on discord that we don’t have here yet?
There are plenty of people here (and growing) and we’re maintaining such a fun positive place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I really like being able to have voice chats and video on discord, it’s kinda like a fun hangout and crochet/craft together. Plus the like main chat things feels like a bit like just texting and mentioning just anything you’d like, rather then like starting a topic thingy. (Technically you could also add a personal space here for the chatting, but on discord it’s a bit more of a clear interface for me at least, plus you can see if people are online)

Plus it’s fun to post your work, like pictures and then just adding fun reactions and commentary, like I know there are journals here to post, but I feel like you come across those less often

And it’s nice to have a separate area to just post some good tutorials and links to videos/patterns recommendations, though that’s still possible in a topic here as well

I still really like ribblr community functions though, but I like the combination with also discord for just chatting with the nice people of this community :grin: @saar

4 Likes

If y’all get too many going I won’t be able to keep up!

5 Likes

It’s not letting me post links yet, I think I still may be to “new”. But I think combing them would be awesome! Most of the people on my discord are from TikTok. So maybe it would be a great way for crocheters from all platforms to get together! :purple_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ll give you my invite link and you can post your link in mine :heart:

3 Likes

I can make a channel where to link to yours and you can link to mine ? I’m not sure about what to combine but we can organize small event together :heart:

3 Likes

Yes sounds good I’ll def join yours anyways :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Just let me know your username and I’ll also give you moderator role :heart:

3 Likes

@Kharrison99 also we were gonna start a kinda crochet along thing for a scarf/blanket (depending on starting chain) with every week different stitches, might be fun to do together with both servers? :heart:

4 Likes

Interested

4 Likes

Ohh me please I’d love to join! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

To both @Teke2012 and @StayinLovelyJeanie I’m not sure if you saw the link a few messages above, but if you’d like you can join that one already? If not that’s fine too, I’m still working on adding the link to the other server in there as well (but haven’t gotten the link yet, and hasn’t been posted there yet) :heart:

However I also saw 7 link clicks but no server joining notifications over on discord, so if it’s not working please let me know and I’ll fix another link :blush:

-edit: link didn’t work so there’s a new one that should keep working 2 messages below

4 Likes

Ohh and to @Kharrison99 if you private message me your invite link I can already copy if and post it in my server, or just post it here if you reached the community lvl for it now :heart:

You could also post it in the server yourself if you’ve joined already (I couldn’t really tell from discord usernames though if you already did) I made a channel for it specific somewhere at the top :tada:

3 Likes

Okay I found out that the previous link stopped working (it expired) but I now made one that shouldn’t expire

3 Likes