Does anyone machine knit? Addi or similar?

I made these with my addi this weekend. Does anyone else use a knitting machine?

16 Likes

I wish ! :smiley: Those hats look wonderful ! The pumpkins too, did you also knit those with the machine ?

I have always been interested in a knitting machine, but never got to it. Last week I thought about it again, while I was shopping and looking for sweaters and couldn’t find any that I really liked.

Does it take long to learn how to use a knitting machine ? :smiley:

2 Likes

OMG!!! Another Addi knitter! Awesome! I love your hats… and that pumpkin is pretty sweet too! I just got both of mine about a month ago.

2 Likes

Marjan, the Addi is a circular knitting machine, and the learning curve is not a steep one, I assure you! First project out of the box for me was a reversible hat! I’ve had mine about a month, and I’ve already whipped out about 150 reversible hats for charity. I’m really looking to get a flatbed knitting machine (or two… LOL) as well. You can also knit flat panels with the Addi too.

5 Likes

Ohw, I’m glad to read it might not be so hard to learn how to do this !

You have just started out I see, using a machine. :+1: Oh my, 150 hats !!! :sweat_smile:

Great to see your enthousiasm. Makes me want to know more, hehe !

Hope to find some time to research all about this, some time soon.

2 Likes

Yep! I use an Addi as well - I love using it to make gift hats or quick things for kids or people who don’t actually care whether the gift is hand or machine knit :wink:

5 Likes

Marjan, when you’re ready, I can point you in the direction of great YouTube videos and websites/FB groups.

1 Like

I think I should get myself one of these, you’ve made a convincing selling point!! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I bought both sizes. The smaller one is great for baby hats or… long tube scarves!! The possibilities are limitless! The first weekend I had them, I blasted through somewhere in the neighborhood of about 17 POUNDS of yarn. That’s a lot of yarn! Most of my Addi hat pictures are still on my phone (haven’t uploaded to my laptop yet), but I’ll make a point of posting some. It takes longer to close them up than it takes to actually knit them on the machine.

5 Likes

You all are a terrible influence! :laughing: I spent all last night watching machine knitting videos and I’m totally in love! I’m putting one on my Christmas list but it’s going to be so hard to wait that long :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

@FlamingoStitcher Thanks Lori !

I hope to be able to do this in the new year. I’m working on some patterns that need finishing before the end of November, and for me December will be all about working in the flower shop, for the busy Christmas season. (If Covid does not interfere though…)

I have already started looking at some second hand knitting machines, in our Dutch version of Ebay. :grimacing: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It will be worth the wait though, hehe ! I hope you’ll receive one ! :smiley:

(can’t you maybe convince Santa Clause that you desperately need it way before Christmas ?!)

1 Like

I have an addi too. I’ve used almost 70 miles of yarn this year because of all the hats that I’ve made.

11 Likes

@Missyscraftymess that’s awesome! Great job! With that many hats made, am I correct in an assumption that you donate them?

1 Like

Yes, they will be divided in between local charities and Operation Gratitude

1 Like

@Missyscraftymess ah yes, a woman after my own heart! I do Operation Gratitude as well… as a matter of fact, I’ll be on a Zoom meet up with some of my crafty besties from there in about 30 minutes!

1 Like

I want one so bad!

2 Likes

@OBabyNMore they’re FUN!! If you do a lot of charity crafting, these are wonderful to have!

1 Like

They look great! :blush: Yes I have an Addi machine but have only made hats so far. :yarn: Need to work on that.

4 Likes

Ooh I could see them being great for charity!

3 Likes