favorite yarn! 🧶💖

what’s everyone’s favorite yarn rn? my current favorite is baby bee’s adore-a-ball in “watercolor wishes”!! it’s a soft, super bulky yarn & i just adore the mix of pretty, pastel colors :3

14 Likes

I think mine is premier parfait chunky rn! Love how soft it is!!!

7 Likes

i’ve never tried premier parfait! maybe i’ll look around for some :eyes:

5 Likes

Mine is Universal Rozetti Lumen but they don’t make it anymore. :weary:

My favorite is a cotton/ anti pilling acrylic. Those are hard to find. I love yarns with bamboo, cotton, viscose, and polyester.

I do most of my shopping at Premier Yarns website and Joann’s.

If I had money, I would buy all the lines by Universal Yarn.

7 Likes

ohhh! is joann’s selection of yarn much better than hobby lobby? i feel like the only place i’ve shopped at is hl, & their selection feels really limited :sweat:

6 Likes

Joann has a wider variety from different yarn companies. There are more options if you have it shipped to you.

5 Likes

It is so difficult to choose a favorite yarn, but I love that you qualified it with “right now”, haha, because thats definitely more something I can work with :sweat_smile:

For me at the moment, it’s not so much a specific yarn, but a particular weight which is DK (3). I’m finding a very natural rhythm for me when I use this weight yarn in my crochet. Lion Brand TruBoo (bamboo yarn) has been on my hooks a lot lately and even though it can be splitty, it has such a gorgeous sheen, drape, and beautiful colors.

(Also, I have used that colorway in adore-a-ball and it is soooooo dreamy; if it was more cost effective, I think a blanket in that would be so prettty!)

6 Likes

I’m an oddball and love Loops and Threads Woolike which is a sock weight (but non wool)…
I almost never want to use bulky or larger…

7 Likes

i find that super impressive!! any weight smaller than DK is rly tricky for me, so i really admire that u use such a light-weight yarn!

7 Likes

the world of yarn is sooo vast, there will always be new favorites!!! i’d love to try bamboo now :eyes:

(also i totally agree! a blanket w/ the watercolors would be so gorgeous :sparkling_heart: but the price … :smiling_face_with_tear:)

7 Likes

I don’t like going lower than sock weight, but I just love the look, drape, and feel of sock weight… I’ll also hold 2 strands together to get a sport/light dk

7 Likes

I love yarn bee’s adore-a-ball yarn but there arent a lot of colors ):

8 Likes

i totally agree!! i feel like yarn bee in general doesn’t have much color variety which is a bummer :'0

7 Likes

yeah /:

3 Likes

mine would probably be bella baby. Its a soft fluffy yarn from spotlight that comes in lots of different textures and colours

5 Likes

did a quick search and bella baby yarn looks so comfy!! wish it was available where i live!

5 Likes

I really love working with Bernat Baby Blanket because there are so many color options, it’s less breakable than some other chenille or velvet yarns, and it also sheds less than most of them. There are also quite a few knockoffs that allow me to work with an even greater range of colors!

Some of my fave Bernat knockoffs:
-Bobo Matte Chenille
-Big Twist
-Celine Lin Baby Blanket Yarn
-Yarn Bee Cozy Occasion
-Premier Basix Chenille

6 Likes

saving this for later!!! i hate when my soft yarn breaks apart & don’t really have access to baby bernat so :eyes::eyes: these alternatives! thank u!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! A few are from overseas Amanzon sellers so they may take longer to arrive, but I make a LOT of Pokémon amigurumi so I get pretty particular about colors.

The Bernat Blanket line has a few that are all similar with different colors: normal Bernat Blanket, Bernat Baby Blanket, Bernat Brights, and Bernat Coastal. I may have missed one, but I just love it!

4 Likes

i’ll have to check those out online too! thank u so much! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes