For those posting tester calls (NOT A TESTER CALL)

Iv’e noticed some tester calls out there that are a bit confusing/lack details, and as someone who test’s pattern i thought it might be helpful to those who don’t know what to write in a tester call, to Give a basic layout!

These are thing iv’e found useful when testing for others

(PATTERN NAME)

• how many testers needed
  • Due date
  • When you’ll be picking testers
  • Yarn/hook requirements? (Include color and yarn weight!)
  • Picture (Please include a picture, it is important and helpful to the people testing)
  • (optional) ask testers to include a journal of the finished product
  • include if you want feedback, if you do make a group chat

Other stuff to consider :
Be active, don’t post the call, pick testers then leave for a long time, testers might have questions and feedback to give to you

Understand that some people might have things come up and they might not be able to do it anymore, so have backup testers in mind incase

This is just things iv’e noticed, if anyone else has feedback to give it’d be welcomed and much appreciated and useful to others!

@Ribblr could you consider pinning this or keeping it open? I feel like it would be useful to those posting calls or new at it!

HOW TO ASSIGN TESTERS
——————————

• Click the gear icon under the pattern
  • Go to “Manage testers”
  • Click on the first step, make your tester call
  • Wait about a day or 2, give enough time for people to apply
  • Close the topic, (or have a ‘Top Contributor’ close it
  • Go back to the manage testers, and click approve on the testers you would like to approve
  • For me, the “Message testers” step in part 3 didn’t work, so i had to come back here to the community page and add them to a message group chat
  • Finally keep up with the testers, making sure to do your best to answer their questions and concerns!

Did you sign up with a crocheter’s account and not a shop account?
In the ribblr help center you can make a shop and add it to your account. Once you’ve done that all you have to do is log out, and log back in and your shop will appear on your profile!

Hope this helps<3

56 Likes

ooh helpful
tysm

6 Likes

Thank you! I have noticed the same. :v: great idea putting this here

3 Likes

I guess I would add, at bare minimum making a group chat. . Recently I had to message a tester to ask if they wanted the feedback.

4 Likes

Added!

3 Likes

@Ribblr sorry for pinging you twice but i think that this would be pretty helpful to people out there!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!
Here’s the main testing guidelines post

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.