Fun game!

just a fun game i thought everyone could play <3
tell the story behind your profile pic and username!
mine is @DasChubba bc i speak german and das translates to the and chubba is a nickname for me, so it just means “the chubba”! and then my profile picture is from a video called "top gun but its a cat"bc i love top gun and cats and im going to be a fighter pilot!
so ye thats how you play so go share your usernames and profile pic stories! :grin: :green_heart:

31 Likes

My user name @ShortClarice is because my friends call me short and my best friends call me Clarice!
My profile pic is a pic of a frog mushroom because i love both
They are my favorite things to crochet

15 Likes

Ok so my name is Loladoggo because my dog is literally my life, and her name is Lola. My profile picture is a picture of her with a teal background because its my favorite color. If you look at my shop banner (banner designed by @elenabear !) You will also see a black and white dog, her name is Fawna :slight_smile: and yes, both are rescues

15 Likes

I’ve told this one before.
We have a spare bedroom filled with family antiques I’ve inherited. I keep all my crafting supplies in there. In our house, it’s referred to as my granny room. So Granny Room Crafts seemed natural. The picture s I use are of the actress Clara Bow. It’s what I looked like back when I was young… In fact I have snuck a real photo of me in the mix.

18 Likes

My profile picture is one of my first patterns, and I love it cause it’s always watching you :eye:

My username is actually my name :slight_smile: I chose it myself, and it suits me better than any name would. I’ve always been really averse to my deadname without understanding why until recently. And so it had caused me great pain to hear and see people use it throughout my life. But Winter is my real name and the name I was meant to have :slight_smile:
Nightmare is because I have cptsd and I’ve had reccurent nightmares most my life. It’s just a part of who I am, now.

15 Likes

if you don’t mind me asking, what is a deadname?

7 Likes

It’s the new term used to label the name you were given at birth, but no longer wish to use.

9 Likes

my username has the word yaksok (약속) in it, which is korean for promise! it’s always meant a lot to me, since it reminds me of my grandparents :heartpulse: my username is also technically a play on ‘yaksokyolk’ which was meant to be the name for an art shop i wanted to open but never did ! the yolk just comes from me liking eggs hehe :3

my pfp is just of a shrimp i made (pattern by harucrochets!) that i really liked the expression i had sewn onto it!

11 Likes

So I don’t have much of a story behind my pfp . It was just something that a friend made for my shop and so I used it as my profile pic but I’ll probably change it later.

My username is Bloomalotl because I love axolotls and I wanted to start a YouTube channel called Bloomaly. I started using Bloomaly for a video game username and everyone would call me Bloom for short so that’s why I have the username Bloomalotl.

12 Likes

I was hooked on cotton for years but I left facebook. I went back to “advertise” and sell the dolls I have been testing for Letodolls. So, this time I went with Hooked by Marilyn. The profile picture is because Maria created a “Marilyn” doll for me. I drew this in anticipation, to help pick colors. This is how she turned out. Maria’s link included also.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 12.41.08 AM

14 Likes

My username is just my name in real life lol. My picture is a character called Ralsei from the video game Deltarune, he was one of the earliest and best things I’ve crocheted so I thought it would be fitting. (-:

11 Likes

Well, my nickname is composed by the names of my cats, Felì and Nick. Felì is also the name of a fairy of a novel I read when I was younger - I choose it for my cat because she is my little fairy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Nick stands for Nick Fury (from the Avengers) because when we rescued him, he had an infection in his eyes… We managed to cure only one of them, so… Nick Fury (yeah, I’m super nerd). In my profile Pic there are two cats I made crocheting because I love cats :cat: the pink one is the first amigurumi I ever made

11 Likes

I love this thread. Mine is fairly boring and obvious but my profile picture is my business logo. My username is my business name, Stitch Reader, which I chose because I read stitches when I crochet and tech edit patterns. snooze lol.

10 Likes

My username is PotterNerd357 because I love Harry Potter vey much and I am very much a nerd and know everything about Harry Potter. The 357 is because they are all my lucky/favorite numbers. My profile picture is the dragon on top of gringotts in diagon alley at the Universal Orlando theme park

11 Likes

My username is victoriakapua and its a combo of my first name and an abbreviation of my middle name. My pfp isn’t really special or anything lol, but my best friend picked it out for me and I think its super cute and like me haha. FYI its just a little bouquet of daises in a green/sage background

9 Likes

My profile picture is just one of me a couple years ago at our county fair and my username is lefthandstitches because I’m left handed.

8 Likes

Well, my username is NerdyCraftyBri. I chose this because there is 1 YouTuber that I love to watch, Nerd E Crafter, then Bri is what I like to be called my nickname. That is how I got the name NerdyCrafterBri. The story behind my profile picture is the big N because I don’t know how to change it, but if I could, I would change it to one of my cats, probably because my cats are close to my heart, especially my oldest Cat. The quick off story, his name is Cat because my parents couldn’t decide on a name for him, so we decided to call him Cat.

9 Likes

Mine:

My real name is Fiona but my friends & family call me Fifi and I like the nickname and when I do markers or shops online it’s hard to remember Fiona’s Crochet so instead a shorter name like Fifi is easier to remember. My pfp is because I like frogs, mushrooms, flowers, and I thought he was rlly cute​:smiling_face:

That’s mine​:blush:

7 Likes

Your go to your profile and then click this

8 Likes

Gotenks is a fusion character from dragonballz and for some reason when I was 14 I came up with the handle gotenkslovesme(I cannot remember why, he’s not even my fave character :rofl:)
Because I’ve used the handle online for well over a decade, I added craft when starting my instagram page for my creative makes. I didn’t want to limit myself to only crochet(despite 99% of what I do being crochet)

8 Likes