Getting motivated

Dose anybody else have a hard time getting motivated to crochet, if so what are your tips and tricks

5 Likes

I’m lucky I like to crochet every day but when I get a bit off.
I’m naughty and start a new small project.
I also like looking at people’s makes

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice!!

3 Likes

Yes there are definitely times where that happens some things I do is make sure to adequately take breaks and not bulldozing through long projects or I will probably take a super long break lol, another thing I do is whip up something fast and easy so I feel motivated to work on something else as that feeling of completing a project is really nice and I won’t just get rid of that feeling so fast so it does help motivate me a bit more also make sure your hydrated and full as that could lead to you getting distracted easily :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe try watching crochet videos or look at projects that you like and start a Pinterest board so you find things that you actually want to make. I usually say if you don’t want to make something or it doesn’t make you happy then don’t make it. Hope this was helpful :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I typically scroll through Pinterest and Ribblr looking for pattern ideas and inspo. I also try to find things I’ve never done before! Trying something new is always a motivator for me.

1 Like

I made a topic about it here, feel free to look through it :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I get sick of crocheting I usually use a different yarn type, a more challenging pattern or a different hook size. Maybe try one of those.

1 Like