Has this ever happened to you?

So I crochet amigurumis the most right, and I like to do them using a 2 mm hook but it is SO SMALL sometimes it snaps :sob: this is the third time this happens to me :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Gosh, maybe try a hook that’s one continuous piece

6 Likes

This happens to me all the time :sob: it’s best to use hooks like the one @anoswaldoddity recommended since they tend to be cheaper and last longer :pensive:

6 Likes

Mine sometimes bend, but haven’t snapped (yet 🫠) I would recommend the ones like @anoswaldoddity suggested they can still bend,but have worked for me :hugs:

5 Likes

thank you!! I do have a hook like that but it is a little bit uncomfortable compared to the other… maybe I’ll try doing a diy handle(?) I saw at tiktok​:yum:

7 Likes

Luckily this never happend to me, but when I use a hook without a grip I wrap one of these weird sports bandages that stick to themselves around. It makes the hook thicker and more comfortable to crochet for longer.

6 Likes

I like crocheting with light weight yarn or thread and those tiny hooks are poky sometimes, we were just talking about this and I am not sure what tiktok has for tutorials but I have been making some out of clay. I’ll see if I can link to the post.

5 Likes

This actually has happened to me! :sweat_smile: I realized its because the metal part of the hook doesn’t actually extend all the way to the other end of the handle grip so it can’t handle much pressure. Super frustrating.

4 Likes

it is!!! completely takes away the inspo haha

4 Likes

Mine

A suggestion… Maybe you could make your own handle from polymer clay for your broken hooks… :blush:

4 Likes

Same hooks

5 Likes