help!😅 Conehead on Amigurumi

Hi, this is my first post so I don’t fully know how to word this but I’m having some issues whenever I do the 6 sc into a magic ring- it always turns into a point like this. Any ideas how to prevent this?

12 Likes

Im not the best with this style as i like making clothing but have made a few Amigurumi. I just think you may need to pull your loose string tighter after closing the magic ring. I pull mine super tight (tight but not enough to break the yarn) then weave the end around the opening, that seems to work well for me

5 Likes

Math
A point or cone is caused from the space your stitches are taking up not being large enough for the area you are trying to fill.
For this pattern, in this yarn, you would need to either add another stitch or go up in hook size
This will not always be the answer

8 Likes

I’ve heard some people say that more than 6 stitches work better with bigger yarn weights!

7 Likes

ok i’ll try that!

7 Likes

omg ok that makes so much sense thank you

8 Likes

I believe it’s because the yarn is thick so it’ll bunch up at the top since it’s tighter, also I believe 6 SC in mc can get it pointy so perhaps making 8 SC in mc could help it?

8 Likes

Pulling your yarn tighter will make more of a point, not less of one

7 Likes

yeah again, i dont make this style of crochet very much. I was just throwing out what I do lol

6 Likes

I take it back I will not try that​:joy:

5 Likes

ok thank you!

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s already been said, but what I do is sc 8 into the magic room and then increase so it’s 16 and then do sc 1 increase so it’s 24 and that’s when I rotate back to the pattern where it goes single crochet three, inc 32.

5 Likes

ok that makes sense thank you!

5 Likes

It depends on the shape you want and the yarn you are using then alter the math so that the results are actually built in and not forced later. Because they will eventually return to the shape you created

6 Likes

Yes! This is what I do also.

3 Likes

If your math seems right and it’s still doing it; psometimes you can add a bit more stuffing then play with it, like squish it and roll it and such and it’ll relax and even the stitches to flatten. Odd shapes can be caused especially if you work in more then one sitting from stitches being tighter or looser in different spots.

6 Likes

But, gosh my fingers HURT if I whole thing on one sitting.

You YOUNG ONES, enjoy while you can!

Aww Perfect Loop GIF by bigblueboo

5 Likes

I’m still young and I’m with you on this :rofl: after a few mins my hands are screaming for mercy

Stretches and breaks, young ones, don’t forget stretches and breaks :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for backing me up on this. I was going to say that too but most young ones seem to learn from experience only, and disregard the opportunity to learn from someone further down the road.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to believe it tho when you do something all day and feel fine, that it could harm you in the long run :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes