Helpful charts

I have a few helpful charts that I reference often… Thought I’d share them
I’ll add if I remember any more, feel free to add your own (please link the source)

Yards per Gram Source

Yarn Label Info Source

2 Held Together Source

https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards/body-sizing
This one has several charts including how to measure, clothing (Men’s, Women’s, Baby, and Toddler), head, hand, and feet measurements

18 Likes

Bookmarked!:blush::sparkles:🫶🏼

4 Likes

Thankssss

5 Likes

I wanna say I got this from someone here on Ribblr and I kept it saved, hopefully this provides some more help as it has been to me :smile: although it’s not necessarily about the yarn itself :laughing:

8 Likes

I have this one pinned to my profile, yardage estimates needed for specific items

6 Likes

Definitely bookmarking this thread - thank you!

Adding these ones as I’ve been crocheting with thread more lately and reference frequently to make sure I have the right size :sweat_smile::

6 Likes

@chroniclesofyarnia
I admire your work with teensy tiny thread! Do it before your eyes change sometime after 45 years, :flushed:

5 Likes

I tried looking but never found the first chart on grams. Thank you soooo much!

4 Likes

That’s tatting, completely different than crochet and does not require the same amount of eyesight

3 Likes

Are you sure??
Maybe require even more eyesight?

2 Likes

Oh no giphy seems to be glitching for me again… I saw your gif for a second then got the broken link symbol

3 Likes

Crap! Something is always glitching!!!
:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::angry::triumph::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

It’s probably just me… haha

3 Likes

We looooooove you! 🫶🏼🫶🏼:heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I have gifs on my phone… My GIF supply chain is solid!

5 Likes

It’s been a VERY long time, but of the two types of tatting I know of you are not sticking anything into specific stitches like crochet

3 Likes

I have gifs on my phone keyboard but ribblr always tells me it’s not supported :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I know right? :exploding_head:

“Not supported”

I save my gifs as photos, see if that works? @OBabyNMore

3 Likes

Thank you - though I’ve never worked below size 20, I think. My eyesight is already fairly poor, haha, so I’m doing my best with what I’ve got before it leaves me for good! In the past I’ve used thread of various sizes for lace gloves/tape lace bookmarks and micro crochet projects (or at least mini amigurumi, still need to try some proper micro crochet with embroidery floss). I’m hoping to learn cro-tatting and shuttle tatting at some point, though, which often makes use of those higher numbered (tiny) threads.

4 Likes