Hi, I’m new!

Hi, I’m new here and so far this app has been amazing! I’ve only been crocheting for about a year and I don’t know the community very well and I would love to get to know it more!
Also, I have a few questions about selling finished products and about the unspoken rules without the community!

• Is it okay to sell finished products if i used someone else’s pattern? (Ofc I’d be sure to credit them)

• I want to write my own pattens but I’m worried about accidentally writing a pattern too similar to someone else, any advice?

• What’s some unspoken rules within the crochet community?

Thanks!

14 Likes

Hi welcome!!

• Yes you can sell finished products; you can sell your makes of other people’s patterns and it’ll credit them by putting a link to their pattern
  • Maybe look through Ribblr to see what’s there and ask people - we’re super nice here!

ps i love your username!!

6 Likes

Ooh that’s good to know! And yes I’ll be sure to explore the app more, everyone seems lovely so far!

And thank u lol, it was a nickname given to me by an old friend!

8 Likes

Of course!! Yes, most everyone is VERY lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Nice!!

6 Likes

Hello! I hope you enjoy it here, to answer your questions

• Yes! However you can only sell makes made from patterns here on Ribblr and from patterns you own, the designer will even get some money for this when yours sell!

• this can be hard as for the most part patterns have similar sections to others, like magic ring/circle and basic shapes are all basically the same, as long as you didn’t steal parts of a pattern it will be fine after all bees, leggy frogs, etc can all look the same and be written similar but as long as you made it yourself it’ll be fine

• there really isn’t anything unwritten it’s basically all written to view, of course you can always ask if you’re curious/not sure :smile:

Something I try to do for newcomers :smile: if you ever need help never hesitate to ask in the community, if you need immediate answers feel free to use the help center, search in the community, or the wiki [link below] and community guidelines if needed :smile: Happy crafting! Hope to see your crafts soon as well :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome! I hope you’ll have a lovely time here :blush:

I think others have answered your questions really well, so I’ll just pop in on one point;

When it comes to creating patterns, it’s very true what Arts said above; as long as you create your own instructions, it’s not copying anyone since it’s your own pattern. That said; I interpreted the question as wondering how to avoid creating something looking too similar to something else, and what I usually do to avoid that is that I just search both the Ribblr and Ravelry catalogs for what I intend to design. Ravelry is usually the most helpful in this in my opinion, since it has been online for so long and is basically a really big pattern archive/library.

I wish you the best of luck with your creations :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! That’s really helpful!

1 Like