High school tips? Also any other theater kid crocheters on here?

Hey! I am going to start school in less than a week and I am going into 9th grade (which is high school in my area) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips? Also any fellow theater kids out there that would like to talk theater I would love to chat!

Ps. If you are a theater kid and you have some good monologues PLEASE let me know because I have an audition in about 2 weeks and I’m searching for a monologue.

Thanks!!!

8 Likes

Hey, I’m going into 10th grade and I loved my first year!

Here’s a few tips for you:
•Be yourself
•don’t let anybody tell you what to do unless they’re your teacher.
• branch out if you’re shy, no one is going to judge you; ask to sit with a group of people you feel comfortable with
•Make sure you keep up with your homework
•Don’t do anything stupid
•enjoy it; pick classes you like and have fun

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

well if i did go to in person school, i would probably be gone already…

5 Likes

I’m dying :sob::joy:

4 Likes

I am also a theatre kid who crochets good to know there are other people like me

4 Likes

This

3 Likes

Im going into 11th so ive had 2 yrs of experience. Mostly what cozy said only thing id add is if someone isnt a good person end that friendship/relationship and dont let people mess with your sense of who you are. Also merry wives of Windsor has some good monologs

5 Likes

I’m going into 10th grade, a few tips I can think of are:
Don’t overthink it
Stay caught up on school work
Try to be involved in things(join clubs, or sports, go to some of the school events)
Have fun, the year goes by really fast

I hope this helps!

7 Likes

Hiii! I’m going into my 10th grade year and i learned a lot from my first year so here’s some thing that are most important.

• Be with your friends from last year for the first maybe two weeks so your not alone(if they are true friends)
  • ALWAYS stay on top of work!! Its VERY easy to fall behind so make sure you do the assignments when they are given to you.
  • Be friendly and introduce yourself to people if you would like and its even better if ya’ll have mutiple classes together (thats how i met my bestie​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)
  • BE YOUR SELF!!! I know people say that all the time but like really don’t change how you are because of what other people are doing
  • Stay calm. High school sounds like a lot but honestly its not bad as long as you stay out of drama
  • HAVE FUN​:heart_hands::melting_face:
    If you have any questions feel free to message me :grin:
8 Likes

Thank you! Do you know the best way to stay true to myself and my beliefs is? Because I don’t want to repeat past experiences where I wasn’t happy with who I was.

3 Likes

Amazing! We should totally start a chat!

2 Likes

Thanks! Is the best way to stay true to yourself just keep doing what you’re passionate about? Sorry I’m kinda new to the being myself thing

2 Likes

Thanks a ton! Any good tips on how to approach new people? I tend to get anxiety about talking to new people and what to talk about.

1 Like

Ignore others opinions tbh if you like something you like it

1 Like

Glad i was helpful lol! A method i found helpful was like talking to my friends from 8th grade’s new friends so you don’t just walk up to a person and have an akward introduction. I don’t have anxiety so I’m not very sure how to help with that part but take your time when making friendships with people so you can really see how they act. I think just be you and be friendly to all and people will find youa great person i want to be your friend.:heart_hands:

2 Likes

Hi! I hope you enjoy high school and joining theater! I finished high school a few years back, I left early and got my GED so I only attended for two years but the biggest thing I learned was to figure out an organizational system. Some people like a folder or notebook per class, some like a big binder that has everything, etc. It’ll help with the workload and it’ll be especially important if you’re going to college. In college there’s not as much time and grace; you’re expected to have it already figured out.

Another thing that helped was to not just stay caught up on work but get ahead. If you have no homework, see if there’s projects or long assignments you can get a head start on. If you have study hall, use it to actually do work so you can relax when you get home! Obviously you shouldn’t make your whole life revolve around work but for me, staying ahead actually helped me not do that because then if I was sick or just wanted a break I could take a day or two off.

3 Likes

For being yourself I suggest not watching any videos about self-image even morning routine videos can make me feel worse about myself, also don’t care what other people think! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For beliefs heres an example: some kid comes up to me and says Gods not real I would defend my faith and tell them it isn’t true.
No matter what someone tells you don’t let them criticize you for your beliefs! Don’t be rude about it, be kind and explain why you believe something.

4 Likes

Lol I’m homeschooled so not a ton of tips I can give, but I will say with my curriculum it was a big jump coursework wise from middle to high school I’m in the 10th grade and the best thing to do is just not procrastinate. I learned that the hard way last year.:grin: good luck!

3 Likes

Same!

3 Likes